If at first you dont suceed, lie, lie, lie again

Damian’s POV

I wake up to a screeching coming from above me; I grab my ears and push on them as hard as I can to try and block the noise out. Once I become more coherent I realize the screeching I am hearing is actually an announcement being broadcast across the PA system.

“All patients please be advised common lunch will be held in 10 minutes.” The voiced squeaked over the system. This would be the first time since I arrived here that I got to eat lunch and scoop out the rest of the people in here. To say the least I’m intrigued to find out what kind of people this place houses. If they are all like the girl…Sky I think her name was…from the other day I’m not sure if I want to be stuck in this place for so long. I sit in my room waiting for the time to pass by twiddling my thumbs; finally a bell sounds alerting us all to head to the mess hall. My stomach gives a slight growl showing how hungry I am as I shuffle towards the doors labeled cafeteria.

Kuryen’s POV

I am woken up by the sound of the metal latch on my door being pulled open accompanied by a dinging of a bell. I pull myself up into a sitting position and rub the sleep out of my eyes. After being in the dark so long the sudden burst of light literally burns my eyes.

“Kuryen its lunch time; your being taken to common lunch today.” A deep throaty voice tells me.

“Ok, but first do you have any scrub pants I could wear…I’m not exactly a dress person.” I say dully. The guard disappears from my door way for a few seconds and the reappears with a pair of oversized green pants which he throws at me.

“Put those on and hurry up.” He almost growls at me. I almost retort back with I don’t have to listen to you but rethink when I feel my stomach rumble. I quickly pull the pants on and tie the drawstrings as tight as they could go. I stomp towards the door with bare feet; the guard escorts me down a number of corridors I memorize them as best as I can for later use. When we finally reach the swinging metal doors with the word cafeteria written in bold black letters above them I pause to take a breath.

“I’ll leave you here but remember no funny business or you will be removed.” The guard warns me. I respond with a nod and with that the guard is walking back down the hallway we came from. I push the two doors open and I am taken aback by the number of people inside the large room. Hundreds of them I think to myself; I have only ever saw one other person here, how can they keep this many people put away at one time. I look around with what I’m sure is a dumbfounded look on my face

“Kuryen, is that you!” I hear someone scream from across the room. I whip around a see a familiar brown mop bobbing through the crowd towards me.

“Damian...” I whisper to myself. “Damian!” I scream weaving my way through the crowd of people. I can’t believe I found him I think to myself. My heart is beating ten times faster than usual. Seeing his face now makes me realize how much I missed him and our simple life back in Bella Monte. Right now I would be working with Anita sweating my butt off in the afternoon sun; Damian would be running around doing errands or making lunch. Just as we both find a break in the crowd and our eyes meet I feel as though my feet can’t keep up with my bodies motions  because I am falling forward; not completely realizing what’s going on I catch myself on the closest thing which happens to be another person. I grab onto the girls shirt which causes her to whip around and shoot daggers out of her eyes.

“What in the hell do you think you are doing!” she exclaims at me as I pick myself up off the floor and dust my pants off.

“I am so sorry, I did not mean to do that is there anything I can do?” I ask expecting her to be very polite about it.