Chapter 8

Since this book is published, only a sample remains on Wattpad. Content stops after chapter eighteen. Please keep reading with this information in your mind.

Chapter 8

For the next week, there was no sign of Seth in the house. He locked his bedroom door and disappeared without saying a word. River said he's just going through things and needs time alone. No matter how much I try to ignore Seth and not think about him, he's the only person on my mind all day. I've left him a countless number of messages but he hasn't bothered to reply to any of them

The worst part is that he promised to give me my chapsticks back but now he's gone.

"Ella, calm down." Kelly says while applying another layer of lip gloss and checking herself in the mirror once again. All throughout the week she has been talking to Calvin and now they're going on a date. It only took a week for Kelly to get over her Seth obsession. She says that Calvin is the one and he's so perfect and everything she has ever wanted. I, on the other hand, am still sketchy about him.

Calvin just doesn't seem like a typical guy to me. He's too good for Kelly and I swear every time someone mentions Seth he either gets really angry or really happy. People say there's a weird aura about Calvin, which makes him somewhat dangerous looking. A guy in Biology class once pointed out how Calvin acts like he's under the effects of amphetamine. The guy who pointed it out said Calvin never acts like normally and added he acted the same way when he first did amphetamine.

"Seth will return soon." Kelly says, turning around. "How do I look?" She is wearing a white sundress which looks breathtaking on her and a pair of red heels. She also has on a red cardigan that brings out the color of her shoes even more. Unlike me, Kelly has a great sense of style and she always manages to look stunning.

"You look beautiful, Kelly." I smile. "Calvin will definitely drool."

As I mention Calvin's name Kelly sighs and smiles to herself. "Calvin is so perfect, Ella. I think I've finally found the one." As she says that, the doorbell rings and Kelly starts fidgeting around, clearly nervous about the date. We walk downstairs together as Kelly's father opens the door and we find Calvin leaning against the side of the door, looking drool worthy.

I never pay attention to how he looks but tonight, since he's going on a date with Kelly, I pay extra attention to what he's wearing. Unlike Seth who's always wearing a leather jacket, Calvin is wearing a pair of dark wash jeans along with a blue button-up shirt and a black cardigan. He looks pretty good, I have to admit that.

"Hey," Kelly smiles.

Calvin just looks at Kelly, his mouth open a bit. Neither of them say another word, until Kelly's dad breaks the comfortable silence. "Look, son, you will have her back by midnight. And no funny business."

"Yes, sir," Calvin replies and hands Kelly a small bouquet of red roses. "For you, love." A huge blush grows on Kelly's cheeks as she takes the flowers and hands them over to me. They grab each other's hands and leave the house as me and Kelly's father look at them for the last time.

"They grow up so quickly," I murmur and Kelly's father laughs. I put the flowers into a vase and set them onto the living room's table. Kelly's dad finishes making dinner and we have dinner together. I always got along with Kelly's parents as if they were my own parents, therefore it's not weird for me to have dinner with her dad while she's not alone.

"So, Ella, any boys in your life?" He asks and wiggles his eyebrows. I almost choke on my water as  he says that but I manage to control myself.

"No, not really."