The Broken

"T-Thank y-you."

===============
Current day
===============
3rd Person Pov
===============

Spencer was the first to find him.

The Chaos members and Demigods hadn't even experienced anything other than darkness.

They all walked into the arena and saw Percy cradling a dying Annabeth.

Everyone ran over and circled him. Spencer and Piper were the first to see what had happened. Piper held back a sob. Spencer looked between Percy and Annabeth. Her breaths came in wheezes. She was somehow still alive. Barely hanging on. The spirit was long gone. Percy used his powers to keep her from bleeding out.

Percy looked up at Spencer.

"Well, do something! We need a healer!" He cried out.

"What happened!?" Spencer demanded, anger rising in his voice.

"I....I had to....it was the only way....she would have been in to much pain if I didn't.." Percy said. Tears were running down his face.

Will and Jace made their way to Percy and Annabeth.

"This....this is really bad." Jace muttered. Percy allowed them to take her from his arms. He stared at the ground unable to talk or move. Spencer demanded more answers but he couldn't say anything. Piper, Frank, Calypso, Hazel and even Jason were crying. Nico was helping Will, holding back tears. Reyna's face was unreadable.

The other Chaos members were silent. All at once they each grabbed each others hands and closed their eyes. They whispered something. Suddenly a bright light emanated from an unknown source infront of them.

When it faded there was just a rock.

It was rectangular and about the size of a notebook. It was a transparent stormy gray and almost had a glass look to it. It had intricate designs carved into it. In the middle it had carved into it:

In Memory Of
Annabeth Chase

Daughter Of Athena
Holder Of The Power Of Shadows

She Inspired Us All

It had a beautiful picture of an owl. At the bottom.

Together the chaos soilders had made her an honorary gravestone of the Chaos soilders. It was a gift to honor the dead. The oldest of the soilders get together and think back on how that solider had effected their life. Then they create it with carvings of their travels together. They had only known her for a short while but it was enough for them to know she deserved it.

The gravestone would stay at the place she died. And an Identical one would appear in the Chaos Army graveyard.

When a member of Chaos Army dies they don't go to the underworld, they don't go to heaven or hell, they don't go to Valhalla, they don't go to the hall of the dead.

Once they die, their soul goes to the city outside Chaos Castle. And they live their for as long as they want. If they decide they want a different afterlife they simply tell Chaos and he lets them.

Percy had never known this of course. He had, had the same teammates since he joined Chaos Army.

Percy finally got up and walked over to where Jace and Will were attempting to heal Annabeth.

Jace eventually stepped back.

"What are you doing!? You can still save her!" Percy practically yelled.

"I'm sorry Percy but I can't. Chaos himself couldn't heal this. Something destroyed her from the inside. Plus the fact that a sword literally went right through her heart.

Percy stared at her. She had stopped breathing.

Annabeth was gone.

__________________

I know it's really sad (for those of you who liked Annabeth anyways. I personally like her but I didn't want to do percabeth again so yeah...).

But anyways I promise there will be more stuff with her in it later.

This is completely unrelated but omg has anyone seen the new ratings thing. Mine made me die

Apparently Frank is well represented in my book

Apparently Frank is well represented in my book. I had no idea.

Also, chapters may be a little shorter for either dramatic effect OR so I can get chapters our faster