Chapter Twenty-Six: Soaked

A pair of strong hands shook Camillé, only for her to roll over and curl into their owner. Erik's chuckles shook her comfortably. She found herself being lifted off of the bed, creating a cold draft around her. Instinctively, she curled into Erik's chest, and felt the bounce as he carried her. And then the feeling was gone. There was nothing.

And then it was cold. Very, very cold. And wet. And suddenly, Camillé realized what Erik had done.

She came up from under the water with a shriek. "What in the name of Hell, Erik?" she yelled, pulling her long, wet hair out of her eyes.

His only response was to bend over laughing as he watched her shiver in the water. Then she smirked, pooled a bunch of the cold lake water in her hands and threw it at him. It splashed all over his head, and made the white shirt he was wearing quite… transparent. Erik was quite attractive in his simple black pants and wet white shirt. Camillé enjoyed the view for a moment while he stood there stunned, and then he simply began laughing again as he walked back towards his room. She glared at her fiancé and began walking out of the lake towards his bedroom.

He had opened his wardrobe and was taking his shirt off – something she wished he weren't so comfortable doing anymore, as it was hard to control herself when he was so willingly displayed for her. Then he turned before having put on his shirt and froze with his arms half-way through one of the sleeves. Camillé watched as his eyes travelled up, then down, then up again. Suddenly, she had an idea. He had been comfortable putting her through torture by watching him change clothes every so often… why shouldn't she be comfortable torturing him? He was her husband, after all. If anyone should torture him, it ought to be her.

She began walking towards him, well aware of why he was staring. Her wet and see-through silk shift held to her like a second skin, leaving little to nothing to the imagination until the waist of her riding pants. Erik blinked for a moment, not able to tear his eyes away from his fiancée. A smirk placed itself on her face as she walked towards him. His eyebrows raised and she saw his chest hesitate before breathing again. Slowly and deliberately stepping towards him, she knew she was torturing him.

His eyes were wide and his breathing labored. "Camillé… Bien-Aimée, what are you doing?" he asked, his voice quiet and deeper than usual.

Shivers went up her spine at the sound of his voice. She kept her smirk as she walked over to him, coming just before him. He was looking down into her eyes with visible effort, as he clenched the shirt in his hands tightly.

"Camillé," he whispered.

She simply reached up and pulled his face down to hers, closing her eyes as she kissed him. Whatever had been holding Erik broke. The shirt dropped to the floor as he grasped her waist and drew her to him, pressing them together. She could feel his desire as he kissed her passionately. Her arms wrapped around his neck, allowing him to deepen their kiss.

Then Erik pushed her away to arm's length, placing a towel from the wardrobe between them. "Camillé, stop."

She looked up at him, staring at his almost-pained expression. "Why?" she asked, knowing what his answer would be.

"Because if we allow this to continue, I will not be able to control myself."

Camillé sighed. She had heard this phrase far too much in the past six months. Every time they came close to becoming intimate, he would push her away and tell her that he could not control himself if they did not stop. By this point, it had really gotten on her nerves. Even Daniel, the goody two shoes boy who never did anything wrong, would have given in by now. She had stopped trying to deny the fact that she wanted him before they had even been engaged! Yet for some reason, Erik was hesitating. Why? It bothered her to no end. They had come close so many times. It almost made her physically ache to be separated from him by now. In a sudden bravado, she steeled her resolve and walked up to him, kissing him again with her hands behind his neck.