20. Besitos

"It's beautiful when you find someone that is in love with your mind. Someone that wants to undress your conscience and make love to your thoughts. Someone that wants to watch you slowly take down all the walls you've built up around your mind and let them inside."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 20: Besitos

Peirce's pov:

I'm instantly jealous. Every aspect of this guy drags me deeper into chaos. He's wearing a suit better than mine. His face is better than mine. He's probably Rose's new boyfriend. I'm appalled and upset at the fact that she's forgotten me this easily.

She did try being with you. But you rejected her. Stupid.

I shake away my thoughts once he talks to me, "Um, can I help you?" he repeats.

"Is Rose home?" I ask.

Of course she's home, dummy.

"Hey, Rosie!" he calls out.

Rosie? Pfft.

I hear her voice, "Yeah?"

"Some guy is here." He says.

She pulls the door open, revealing herself. "Peirce!" Rose squeals.

I find myself mystified at the sight of her beautiful face. She's stunning. Rose wears a nice purple dress and a thin black cardigan, giving a sweet image of a self-worthy woman. She doesn't show too much or too little. Her brown eyes are brought out by a shade of charcoal grey. She is gorgeous, how have I been able to resist?

I try hard not to drool.

After staring at each other for a while, I realize she's in the same position as I am. Rose gazes at me, desire swimming in her eyes.

"You look really good," she whispers.

I blink twice and try to get a grip on my voice.

"So-So do you."

The moment is ruined by the stranger. He grabs hold of her shoulders, "So, are you gonna come in or what?"

Rose doesn't tear her sight away from me. I don't either.

"Come in, Peirce." She smiles "I'm really glad you came." She says it with such joy and sincerity, I start feeling...wanted.

Rose's grandmother turns away from the stove to see who has come by. "Oh, Peirce. Darling, what are you doing here?"

"I invited him," Rose answers "Since you let Ty come over."

"Well young lady, you should've invited your Uncle Ernie as well."

Who's Ty?

"He's in New York." She says "With Lori and his wife."

I don't peel my eyes from 'Ty'. He looks at Rose in a way I don't approve.

"Oh, I'm so rude. Tyler, this is my best friend Peirce. Peirce, this is my hero Tyler."

We take one look at each other.

"Pleasure," he says

"Hmm,"

"Peirce, Tyler is the guy who helped me when I almost got abducted." She tells me.

Tyler puts his hand on her arm, annoying me even more. "I'm glad I did."

Rose half-smiles, slightly pulling away from his touch. Her eyes look at me for approval, like there's something more between us. And it makes me feel like she's already mine and there's nothing to worry about. If he saved her life, then I'm okay with him being around her....ok I'm not okay with it but at least she told me.