1. to Kiss a Stranger

• Dedicated to to you, for actually reading :D

Thank u for making such  cute cover  @XXXXLEILANIXXXX 😍😍

A/N hello fellow reader. Hope you enjoy this story if you decide to stick with it. I'm currently editing for mistakes and plot holes. Don't be too hard on me .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" Addiction exerts a long and powerful influence on the brain that manifests in three distinct ways: craving for the object of addiction, loss of control over its use, and continuing involvement with it despite adverse consequences. "

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prologue:

There's a reason people get addicted to drugs. Not always, but almost every time. They touch and alter the pleasure center of the brain with a sense of euphoria by releasing dopamine. Some abuse drugs for a good, carefree time. Others, to cope with a hard situation at hand. For a moment, just a single moment, the hurting stops.

One thing is true: addiction will eventually spiral out of control. There's no knowing when or how. You're in too deep before realizing it, like not knowing you've fallen asleep until waking up.  I know a person who lost sight of who he was for a long time. He was aggressive, rude, and broken. So broken that self-medication became his best friend.

The pain drove him to poison himself with anything his hands could touch. Because the truth is, that's what drugs can become: poison. I hate it. It hurts as if I were on the wretched drugs myself. Haunting thoughts overwhelm me every day: what if one day he doesn't survive? What will I do then? He'll overdose and I'll stay here with his ghost lingering in my thoughts for the rest of my life. If only he could understand. He's not only killing himself, he's killing me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 1: To Kiss A Stranger

Music booms within the walls of the two-story house. Every corner fills with the rhythmic beats of music so loud I can feel the rhythm vibe in my chest.

I press my lips against those of a guy named Landon. Ooo's and ahh's emanate from the people around us. It's just a quick peck, nothing serious or romantic.

Spin-the-bottle, kissing version, is one of my favorite games. The second they announced they were playing, I was for sure the first one to sit down. I get a guilty pleasure out of kissing a stranger, which explains my favoritism towards the game.

Landon's eyes are wide open. He wears a (fake) shocked expression. Probably because I kissed him the moment the bottle landed on him, demanding me to fulfill the rule.

"I have a girlfriend!" Landon gasps after I pull away from him.

I'm confused and rather embarrassed for a moment, "Then. . . why are you playing this game?"

His wide eyes now narrow and a naughty smile appears on his lips. "I wasn't playing. I was just watching."

I laugh at his attempt to salvage his reputation.

"You're sitting right next to me!"

Everybody stares at him. His motive becomes very clear. He wanted lip-action. The problem was: he didn't want it with his current girlfriend. What he does next, very well proves it.

"Well, the damage is done. I should make the best of it."

Without even a romantic warning (or any romance for that matter) he eagerly kisses me again. Roars of laughter explode from watching bystanders.