3. I don't care

• Dedicated to to all of you who are like Rose

A/N Hey! hope youre liking the story!
----------------------

Being selfish is part of human nature but don't allow it to push those you love away. Remember sharing is caring, everything is a cycle and its best when its mutual. - Frank Matobo

----------------------

Peirce's POV:

"Hey, Peirce!"

Slowly I glance to my side. It's Rose, standing in the middle of the hallway, waving at me like some sort of crazy person. She makes her way to me when I see her.

"Oh no," I mumble under my breath.

Dozens of eyes shoot to look at me as Rose comes up to me. Curiosity reflects in each pair.

Why would someone as perky and popular as Rose want to talk to someone like me? Didn't she get the memo? I don't want her close. I purposely hide my face from her and all these staring idiots.

She shouts my name once again.

"Peirce!"

If she has the guts to ignore my negligence, I know she's not willing to leave me alone.

Someone taps my shoulder. I can only guess it's her. I turn around awkwardly.

She's wearing a tight red dress and her brown hair is fixed into a string of curls. Who is she trying to impress?

"Hello, Peirce."

The girl actually attempts to embrace me, but I walk away towards my next class

"Oh," she scoffs, "I see. No hard feelings though. I'm cool with the personal space thing, I get it."

I stop at her remark, turning to glare at her, "Why do you keep following me. You really are a stalker huh?"

I can see the amusement in her eyes. "No. I'm just a person who wants to get to know you...again."

My voice rises out of annoyance and confusion, "Who would ever want that?"

Her brows crease together, "Why wouldn't I?"

My face softens. Is she really willing to know the messed up person I am?

"You are starting to get on my nerves." I tell her, continuing on my path. She trails closely behind.

"You know why my parents' named me Rose?" she begins.

"No, and I don't care." I try my best to let these words drip with venom.

"Because when I was born my face was just as red: my cheeks more specifically. If my cheeks had turned purple they would have called me Violet." Rose giggles at her own story and I try so hard not to smile at her stupidity.

"Oh," I simply say.

A few moments of awkward silence pass by until she goes in front of me and starts walking backward, "Peirce, why don't you want to be my friend again? Can't you remember all those fun times we had together?"

"Because you creep me out," I shamelessly answer.

"I know. You said that already." She smiles a fake smile.

I can tell it's fake because I've smiled like that many times before.

"I'm sorry I creeped you out. I thought I was being open with you,"

I glance at her for a second, "Can I ask you a question? Why are you so interested in me? I mean why start talking to me now? I was the one who broke off the friendship, remember?"