16. Dancing With Myself

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. "

― Carrie Fisher

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 16: Dancing with myself.

.................................

Peirce's pov:

"I'm having a party." Landon announces.

"You came over at ten in the morning just to tell me that?"

Landon sucks his teeth, "It's tonight and I need to get everything ready."

I walk over to the sink and wash my face. "Where will it be?"

"My house, duh. Dad decided to go on a trip with his girlfriend this weekend and he didn't want to bring me along. So I'm throwing a party."

"Uncle Tom is going to get pissed if he finds out you're doing this." I warn.

Landon lays on my bed, carelessly putting his shoes on the mattress. I roll my eyes.

"I don't care. He didn't want to take me with him. It'll teach him."

I raise my brows, "Well, I'm not going."

Landon sits up, waving his finger around, "No, you are going. You have to help me host."

"I said no."

"Come on, you're an amazing host! Don't you remember those crazy parties you used to throw after your dad-"

"Shut up."

He raises his hands, "Sorry. Sorry. My fault. But still . . . can you please go and help me take care of the crowd. A bunch of people from school are going."

"It's like you want this town to hate me even more."

"Can they?"

I roll my eyes twice.

"Please."

I shake my head

"Please!"

I think about it for a while. I've been locked inside my apartment for two days.

"Cool," Landon says, "I'll see you at eight. I need to clean the house up a bit."

As he runs out the door, I shout after them, "No use in doing that!"

..........................................................

Rose's pov:

Melissa tugs at my sleeve as I try to prepare myself a ham sandwich.

"Come on! You need to have fun!"

I pull away from her, "I'm not in the mood for fun. I'm starving to death right now."

"Rose!" she whines "You love parties! You live for parties! Come to this party!"

"I'm not feeling too well." I admit. In fact, I haven't been feeling good since the fight with Peirce. My stomach flips every time I remember the encounter.

I smack a slice of bread on the ham to finish my masterpiece.

Mel follows me to the couch where I take a big bite out of the sandwich and resume watching cartoons.

"Look at you, you look horrible!"

I shrug, eyeing myself in a mirror nearby. Damn, I do look like crap. My hair is in a messy bun, I'm wearing sweatpants and a big t-shirt that belongs to Matty.