Don't Let This Be Real

"ZAAAACHAAAARY!" I bellowed out at the top of my lungs.

"Boo Bear, please..." Ethan began to move towards me but I held up a finger to stop him from doing so.

I could not take my eyes off of the woman who left me in the arms of a monster when I was a kid. I could not believe that she's in front of me right now, looking as shocked as I was. What's even worse is that Ethan somehow had played a huge role in this unexpected and unwanted reunion. And, I am currently about to have an extremely emotional breakdown.

Zach appeared on the doorway with Ashley in tow. At first, he looked weirded-out with the fact that I called for his name and not Ethan's, but when he saw everyone's faces, he instantly understood what was going on.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Zach, my voice quivering.

He paused for a bit before answering me with remorse. "I knew about him knowing about her. I did not know that she is her."

"Boo Bear---"

"NO!" I whirled around and glared at Ethan. "Don't you dare utter a single word to me right now!" I took a deep breath to gather myself then continued. "You're going to let me leave with Zach while you--- you think about how I must be feeling. You think about the sole reason why you did this to me. You need to think really carefully about what you were expecting to get out of this whole scenario once it unfolded. And when you're done and if I'm still in the palace when you get back, hope with all your fucking might that I'd understand whatever bullshit you conjured in your head."

I wiped my traitor tears that kept on falling as I made my way to Zach's car. Once I was inside, I focused on controlling my breathing. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Ethan Spencer, how could you?

My head cannot wrap around the fact that Ethan, of ALL people that could have done this, had played a hand in this mess and betrayed me.

Inhale. Exhale. You can do this.

Zach got in the driver's seat and started the car. In my peripheral, Ethan stood still in his spot, as I told him. As for Ashley and that woman, ha, I couldn't fucking care less.

"Natalie, if you just---," Zach began.

"JUST fucking drive, Zachary," I spat. "We're not even remotely close so stop acting like you care."

Once we were on the road, lady-like Natalie went out of the window and in came the sobbing and wailing mess that I am. It hurts. It hurts so badly.

"I love you, Natalie Baker."

"I am massively massively in love with you, 'kay?"

All the puzzle pieces are now clicking into place.

"When worse comes to worst, always remember that."

No, Ethan. I don't know how to remember when remembering is causing me too much pain.

"That's our bottom line: I am in love with you."

Then, why did you do this?

Everything hurts. I don't know what's real anymore.

Suddenly, everything went black.

"Well, what are you going to do? No, that's just plain bullocks. Are you even trying to think? Alright, lay off, man. I'll look after her."

The first thing to greet me when I opened my eyes was car roof. Where in the world am I?

Oh, right---Zach's car. But, why am I here?