Picture-Perfect

(A/N: The picture above is Jamie Campbell-Bower and Lily Collins, they would be playing the two new characters introduced in this chapter ;))

Ethan stayed for two weeks before he needed to leave again. We spent most of our time together (duuuuhh...) and you know what made me grinning like an idiot when he was leaving?

"Boo Bear," Goober said as he tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear, "I'm quite unsure if this would be good news to you but this sure is bloody awesome news to me,—

the next time I come back, I'm back for good."

HELL YEAAAAAAHHH!!!!

*5-second dance party*

REJOICE FOR #TEAMGOOBEAR!!!

(What?) What?

(Umm, I'd just pretend I didn't hear that abomination.)

*rolls eyes*

I nearly kissed the life out of Ethan, after I gave him a punch on the arm for the "unsure if this would be good news to you" statement that he included in that awesome news. He was delighted and relieved to see that I am ecstatic so he earned another punch from me (for being relieved). Come on, he saw that one coming. When will he realize that I am utterly in love with him as well?

Anyway, now, I'm sitting in my (yep, I'm staking my claim) corner booth at my favorite coffee shop, waiting for Matt to arrive. We agreed to meet up since we haven't been hanging out lately. Our shifts at work did not match up like it used to because he was spending his time with Elise, who is currently back in college. The distance between the two of them lessened, so it's getting much easier for them to make it work. I'd envy them but I can't because those two are just too cute.

From time to time, they would visit during my shift at the bar, just to see how I was holdin' up lately. I mean, come on, after I broke down in front of them, who wouldn't be worried, right? But after I told them Ethan's bloody awesome news, they eased up on the visits and went back to focusing on spending time with each other.

I was scrolling through the pictures on my phone while waiting for Matt. Obviously, most of it were me and Ethan because I've never been much of a selfie-taker (made-up word, I know). The others, well, it's random pictures of anything that I find cute. Look at that forgotten lollipop on the bench.

Suddenly, I felt something grip my legs. I jumped on my seat and tried to move but the grip on me tightened. Heart pounding, I looked down to see what, or should I say who, was holding me down.

Oh, and would you look at that.

"Chuck! You scared the daylights out of me," I exclaimed cheerily as I bent to pick him up. He put his arms around me and gave me a hug that could melt the polar caps in cuteness.

"Missed ya, Na-lee!" Chuck happily stated in his heavy British accent as he patted himself on the chest. He then flashed me a wicked grin and I couldn't help but giggle upon seeing him try to captivate me with his charm. No need, Chuck, I'm already hooked.

"Oh, really? Well, I missed you, too, mister," I cooed as I tapped him lightly on the nose. "I heard someone turned three last Christmas, I'm afraid I wasn't able to greet him and give him a gift. Do you know who am I talking about?"

Chuck straightened up then raised his hand. "'S me! 'S me!" He gleefully yelled and I tried to shush him but failed miserably because I was laughing real hard.

A clearing of throat beside me snapped me out of my fits of laughter. I looked up to see a tall lean man, with blonde hair that stretches up to his chin, enthralling eyes, and chiseled jaw, wearing a black V-neck T-shirt and jeans. Tattoos ran along his arms, disappearing underneath the sleeves of his shirt. He gave me a friendly smile then pointed towards the other side of the booth, asking for my permission if he could join me. I was a bit reluctant but since I felt like he couldn't do me any harm here, and since Matt would be here any minute now, I nodded.