By the Lamp Post

• Đã dành riêng cho AnMa

Who says that those fairy tale moments and epic storylines in movies happen in real life? Well, yeah, maybe in your head it seems like it does, but do you really think that they actually DO happen?

To me, that was never the case... Until I met HIM.

Our love story is weird, crazy and unbelievable. With its own twists and turns, never really thought all of it would become OUR reality.

I'm Natalie Baker, by the way. And this is a story between me and a stranger.

Seriously, he WAS a stranger. ;)

The rain was pouring hard that night. I just got out of the bar. Breathing heavily, I leaned unto one of the lamp posts. I was very furious with what Jake just did to me. How could he possibly treat me and tell me something like that?! He's a douchebag, I tell you! A huge DOUCHEBAG!

Of course, you're wondering what the hell I'm talkin' about. So let me fill you up with what just happened earlier this night.

I just woke up from a quick nap when Jake called me to meet him up at the bar. See, we've been exclusively dating for the past couple of months and it's been quite long. I think he's ready to ask me to be his girlfriend!

So, I got up and started to get ready for later. I was extremely excited. Yeah yeah, I look like I'm some kind of a desperate woman but seriously though, Jake Sheppard is the hottest guy in our campus when we were in high school!

Every girl is drooling over him, except for me during that time. Why? Let's just say that he's a jerk and I'm just too smart to fall for his tricks. Hey, I'm not a nerd, or whatever you call those who weren't lucky to be part of the In crowd, but I'm also not the hot cheerleader or popular girl either. I'm just the typical schoolgirl during that time; not well-known, yet some recognizes me.

It's been three years already since we graduated. I work as a waitress in a bar and he--- well, I don't actually know what he does because he never really gave me a concrete answer to stick with. Every time we have a date, he would always have a different story to tell. Well, I guess that's just the way he is. I mean, I never really got the chance to know him when we were in high school, aside from his general impression to everyone.

To make the story short, we bumped into each other when I was about to go to work. He didn't recognize me at first, but eventually he did when I told him we went to the same school, which was a complete shock to me. Then, we went to get some coffee together, dinners, oh just the usual stuff in getting to know each other, until finally deciding that we're dating. He's not that bad at all. He was pretty charming actually. And, boom! Back to what we were really talkin' about.

Knowing Jake and I, it's a bit obvious that we're both kind of afraid of commitments. We're dating for 10 months already! But now that he called to meet up tonight, I guess that's about to change.

And so, I went to the bar where I worked and saw him waiting outside for me. He's just so cute! He was holding an umbrella because it was raining outside (duh). His forehead was covered with some wet strands of his own hair (I'm guessin' he had a bit of trouble in keeping the umbrella, just too cute!) and he was leaning against the wall. It was a bit blurry but I could still see his masculine figure.

I ran to him as fast as I could when I realized that I forgot to bring my own umbrella. Fortunately, he saw me when I got out of the cab, so he immediately went to get me. We were laughing at each other when we got inside.

"If you just saw your face--, I'm sure--" I tried to say in between laughs.

"Me?-- You were the one whose face was like you've seen a ghost!" he told me while he was drying himself.