July 1st, 1923

"A gardener...scratch that...one who loves plants? No! Why do I even care about that boy's opinion?!... Fine. Fine. I should learn how to control my temper. I should also swallow my pride when advice is given. If I don't, then I will not have anyone to ask for help when I need it the most."

********

Jin looks down at his journal sadly. "I've written in this book for two years, but one comment makes me change my habit. And it's not like the comment was from someone that has any worth in this life."

Jin lays the journal on his bedside table along with his pen. "How can a lowly delivery boy make me lose my mind so easily?"

The dark bedroom was filled with dust and disappointment. The huge window that was bedside Jin's bed was closed and covered with a curtain. The heavy fabric trapped any type of light outside while also trapping Jin's free spirit inside.

Leaning over to the side, Jin his lamp off before dozing off into the world that he wished was reality.

The soft knocking sound on his closed door made Jin's eyes flutter open. Groaning, Jin welcomed the visitor with a groggy voice.

The door slightly opened, revealing the young girl from before. "Master, you really need to eat. It's been a week since you've eaten anything that was solid."

"I'm fine. This will past like last time."
Jin gave the housekeeper a weak smile hoping that she would believe him.

The girl frowns before entering inside the room to retrieve the untouched soup that was left on the floor.

"Have you've considered calling Dr. Min? "

"I'd rather die." Jin joked

"Do you have any friends who can help brighten your mood or at least help you get your mind off your health?"

"No...the only one I have...I don't want to bother him."

"But..."

"Enough. Can I go back to sleep?" Jin calmly commanded before he gave the housekeeper a serious look.

"As you wish." The girl gave a tiny bow before gently closing the door.

Once again the room was drenched in darkness.

"Friends? What are they?" Jin smiled before closing his eyes once more.

It felt like only a couple of minutes since he closed his eyes when he heard a slight commotion downstairs.

"You are not allowed inside! Just leave the package with me." the housekeeper's muffled voice could be heard through the wall.

"I have to deliver this package directly or else my boss will cut my paycheck. "

"What's your employer's name? I can explain the situation..."

"Namjoon. He's my adopted uncle. "

"Kim Namjoon? The one who owns the whole mailing service in this part of town?"

"Yeah." the boy said in annoyance. "Now let me through. I'm this grumpy guy's friend."

"Friend?" Jin mouthed the word.

Suddenly, the door to Jin's bedroom burst open causing him to wince. The sudden light blinded his eyes as his pupils we're not give enough time to dialated.

The small boy's figure was illuminated by the light behind him like the wings of an angel.

The boy slolly walked towards Jin's bed before crouching down to look him in the eyes.

"How long have you've been sick?" Taehyung frowned as his forehead wrinkled in concern.

"About two maybe three weeks. Why?"
Jin looked down in confusion at the boy whose personality seemed to have changed.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung leans close to Jin before slapping him in the face.

Jin instantly draws away from the boy in shock.

"Uhhhh...Ow?! Don't you think that hurts? "

"What do you think it feels like when you refuse tell your friend that you're sick? You're doing no one any favors."

Taehyung said seriously before showing Jin the package.

"It's Seaweed soup. Namjoon also instructed me to give you this message."

Dear Idiot,
Next time you decide to get sick, at least write a letter or something. My mom cried for days when she found put through her friends and not by you personally. I hope you feel horrible that you made an old lady cry.

Anyway I told my nephew to go slap some sense into you. I'll personally visit you with Dr.Min if you pull this stunt again. -Namjoon

P.S. Mom made the soup so you better eat it. She supplimented the salt with her tears. :(

"You know, I don't think he meant to literally slap me." Jin looked up from reading the note.

"Hey, whatever works. Just try to lean on your friends more. You may think that I'm this annoying boy who only delivers the mail, but Namjoon always talks about you. So it's almost like I've known you for longer than when we actually met each other." Taehyung shrugs his shoulders before getting up to leave.

"Hey Taehyung."

"What?" Taehyung turns around in the doorway.

"Thank you for visiting. "

Surprised, Taehyung couldn't help but close his eyes and give his signature boxy smile.

********

Yay, an update. I just finished my finals but I won't be active for two weeks since I'm going on a family trip where there isn't any internet. So I'll update all of my other books (The Players and Qilin ) when I get back.