Chingu 《5》

11:58...11:59...12:00

_________
Begin
_________

"Do you have any friends?"

"Of course I do."

"Who?"

"You."

"Besides me."

"Why do you ask?"

I can't guarantee that I will always be with you so I want you to have someone to lean on other than me. Someone you can talk to and share your thoughts and feelings. I know how hard it is for you to express your emotions without using music...

"Just wondering," I shrugged it off to curiosity. The notepad that Yoongi had given me allowed us to talk faster. I doodled a funny picture next to my words. When he chuckled at my bad drawing, I couldn't help but blush.

"I do have a couple of friends outside of this room. Maybe I will introduce you to one of them some day."

Drawing a bubbly heart, I drew in my best handwriting: Please Do!

**********

"This is my friend, Kim Namjoon." Suga introduced me to a boy who had died his hair white. He was tall and possessed a deep voice for his age. Giving Namjoon a wry smile, I wave.

"Yoongi, what are you talking about?"
"Eh?" Yoongi turned to Namjoon with a confused face.

"There is no one there."
"What are you talking about?" Yoongi said with an annoyed look. "Have your eyes given out on you?"

"No, but evidently yours have."

Seeing a fight beginning to happen, I motion for Yoongi to come close to me. When he did, I write a small message for his eyes only. Nodding his head in understanding, he quietly leaves the room.

"I'm going to go get some snack. While I'm out, stay here and try not to be rude." Yoongi muttered.

"Why did you leave me in here?" Namjoon said with an aggravated tone. Looking at the closed door, Namjoon heaves an exaperated sigh. Walking near the opening that I was sitting on, he gently grazes the white windowframe with his long fingers.

Looking me right in the eyes, he scrunches his forehead.

"Something isn't right...this sense of nostalgia."

A cloud shields the sun which covers us in a blanket of shadows.

Thunder.

The sky opens up on the once cloudless sky and releases her tears upon the ground.

The strike of lightning illuminates the now dark room.

Namjoon widens his eyes in fear and horror when he is able to see me.

When he whispers my name, I sadly look at Namjoon. Am I a monster to be feared?

"Do you remember me?"  I wrote down and showed him.

Dumbstruck by my presence, his lips moves but no sound comes out. When he finally regains his voice, he stutters out something in english.

"What did you say?" I quickly scribbled down.

"Is that really you?" Namjoon whispers as he stares at me transfixed.

Nodding my head, he asks what happened to me.

"I don't know...all I know is that every time I tell Yoongi my name, history gets re-written. Sometimes large spaces of time will lapse even when I don't tell him my name. It's gotten to the point where I am doubting my very existence..."

"Of course you exist! It was just recently that you..."

"Shush! " I yelled as I placed my finger over my lips as sign to keep quiet.

"Does Yoongi know about this?" He asked as he combs through his hair with his fingers in frustration.

I shake my head in regret.

"He forgot about me."

With a sad look, Namjoon shakes his head. "He didn't forget about you. He is protecting himself from the past so he won't get hurt again."

"Like you did?"

Hanging his head in shame, he nods in consent.

"I understand, but I don't want him to forget about me.
About us. About the life that we shared together before all of this."

"He will, eventually. I believe in Yoongi. "

"So do I."  I sadly said as I wiped away crystal tears from my eyes. "But I'm running out of time..."

"Time?"

"Yes. If Yoongi doesn't remember my name, I will forever be in this state until he will eventually forget everything about me. Then I will truly  disappear from his memories and his life."

Before Namjoon could say anything, Yoongi comes in with some snacks. Quietly begging him to not say anything, Namjoon shakes his head in understanding.

"While Yoongi's back was turned to us, Namjoon whispers in my ear.

"I'll help him remember."

"Kamsahamnida, chingu."