April 1st, 1923

A garden is a place of rest and peace. A garden is the home of life and encourages the colorful flourishes of hopes and dreams.
__________

The warm sun light refracted off of the glass panels from the green house and onto the Gardener's head. His hair was of a light brown with sun kissed  streaks of blonde throughout.

The Gardener assesses the greenhouse as if he is the king and the plants are his subjects. Everything is in order.
Nothing is out of place.

Satisfied with his efforts, the Gardener removes his working gloves and places them on top of a nearby shelf. He opens the latch on the door that leads him out of the greenhouse and into his own personal garden.

When the door opens, a fresh breeze tousles his hair as he shields his eyes from the early morning sun. He is wearing a light grey vest with trousers and a white shirt. The sleeves are pinned up at the elbows and his barefeet can feel the dew on the grass.

Closing his eyes,  the sound of birds singing accompanied by the humming of cicadas is music to his ears.

Suddenly, the sound of a bell on a bicycle can be heard nearby.

"Aye! I have a package here for a Miss. Kim. "

The boy's irritating voice shatters the sanctity of nature as the Gardener frowns in displeasure.

Walking over to the front gate, the gardener sees a small lad who has not hit puberty yet.

Refusing to open the gate door to let the boy in, the gardener simply reaches his hands out to receive the package.

"I'm sorry sir, but I was told that this package is delicate. I would prefer to give it to Miss. Kim. "

"I am the recipient of the package." The Gardener says in frustration.

"Not to be offensive, but you don't look like a lady." the small boy looks at the gardener with a smirk.

"That's because I am not a lady. I am a man. That is... Mr. Kim to you. " the gardener said sternly before taking the brown parcel from the boy's hand.

"I'm going to need your signature, Sir."

"Of course." Placing the brown package near his feet,  the gardener signs the release form.

"What is in the package if you do not mind me asking." the talkative boy asked in curiosity. His raven hair against his pale skin made the delivery boy look delicate. But his eyes were full of laughter and mischief.

"Seeds from the Clitoria ternate plant."
Before the boy could ask any more questions,  the Gardener hands the signed form back to him before leaving with the package.

When he does that, the Gardener notices that the boy's bicycle was parked on top of his mother's Cymbopogon grass.

"Thank you for your business, Mr. Seokjin Kim!" the delivery boy yells out as he reads from the form.

The Gardener ignores the boy as his back is turned. Hitting a small gear with his feat, the Gardener's small invention springs to life.

The sound of a boy screaming from the water that was magically shooting from the ground onto his uniform echoed in the morning air.

The Gardener continues to walk away as if nothing happened.

Only the plamts in his garden could testify that a small smile could be seen on the Gardener's face.

*********

What's up everyone! I'm too lazy to create another book,  so I decided to just add a bunch of short stories to this book instead. This creative idea was from the amazing mind of -EXTRABEAGLE

Please check out her story, Set Me Free which is about JunHui from Seventeen
She also has an awesome Idea Book in case you guys ever get writer's block.

Thank you,  妹妹 for the plot and I'll put your name in the description of the book too!

Thanks for reading everyone!