Shattered 《8》

______________________

11:50...11:51...11:52
_____________________

"I don't know what to say..." Yoongi whispered in awe as the memory begins to fade.

Taking the lonely pad of paper that I had left here when we departed for the church, I uncap the black marker and began to write.

"I wish you hadn't forgotten my name." I looked down at my feet in sadness as I flip the page. "Was my love not enough to prevent you from jumping?"

"No, it's not that. I was...."

"What's wrong with the sky?" Namjoon interrupts us as he stares up at the night sky. As if the sky was made of glass, the starry sky was shattered as small pieces slowly began to fall like snow.

"At the moment, we are inside Yoongi's mind. This world is his perfect reality where everyone that he loves is still alive. His mother, Seokjin, and even me. But as Yoongi begins to slowly regain his memories, this reality will slowly die."

"So when I remember your name....I will also be killing you....again?" Yoongi tentatively asked as he looked at me. The warmth that I use to feel from him was gone since he already knew that I was dead.

I sadly nod my head. "But you will still have your friends."

"Why is it that Taehyung and I were able to recognize you but not Jimin and Jungkook? " Namjoon asked as he closed his eyes to solve the strange mystery that had been bothering him since the moment at the small church.

"When I was alive, I have never met Jungkook, Jimin, or Taehyung but you and I were childhood friends. Taehyung must be pretty special to be able to see me." I sweetly smiled as I remembered the cute puppy boy.

"Ahhh, that explains a lot." Namjoon nodded his head.

"But that still doesn't solve our problem!" Yoongi yelled in frustration. Pacing the room frantically, Yoongi began to mumble underneath his breath.

"How will we help him remember? If we tell him, then we will just reverse time. He has to figure it out by himself." Namjoon calmly stated as he turned to me. Why isn't he distancing himself like Yoongi? I am nothing but a sad memory....

"That's it!" Yoongi whispered in awe. "What if I never remember your name? That way you will stay alive."

My heart longs for Yoongi's idea, but I knew that it wouldn't be fair for Yoongi. Unlike me, Yoongi has a life outside of this world. And because I love him....I want him to live it.

Shaking my head I motion for him to come closer. Hesitantly, Yoongi complied with my wishes and walked over to me. I hate to think that he fears me now...

Delicately cupping his face in my hands, I begin to cry as I look at his face. Closing his eyes, he enjoys the feel of my hands on his face once more. When he opens his eyes once again, I whisper to him my final message.

"You have to live, Yoongi. If not for yourself, then live for your friends. I will always be alive within your memories, so please!

Remember my name."

___________________

11:57...11:58...11:59

___________________

"Hiraeth" Yoongi whispered with tears in his eyes. He sqeezes his eyes closed in fear of seeing me leave as my body begins to fade away. The sky completely shatters as the world around us grows dim. Before my whole body becomes transparent, I softly kiss him goodbye before I disappear from his world.

"Thank you for remembering me, Min Yoongi."