Chapter 33

Hello my lovelies, and welcome back to another chapter! I cranked this one out in the last couple hours though I had started it this morning... I got distracted and worked on something else that was HP related which you may see at a later time. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this installment. It sure did change and grow from what little I had this morning! 

"Hermione," Harry said the next morning at breakfast. "I thought we met you in the library yesterday to get that book."

"Yeah," Ron chimed in. "I know I saw you bring one back, but you didn't say anything else about it. All we did after you met up with us again was do homework."

"There's a reason for that," Hermione answered, keeping her voice down so that others around them wouldn't hear her. "Meet me in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom in about fifteen minutes." She hurriedly finished the last of her breakfast and grabbed her bag.

"Fifteen minutes, where are you off to now then?" Ron asked.

"I'm heading there now," Hermione said as she got up from the table. "I said fifteen minutes because I need to try and get rid of Myrtle without hurting her feelings if she's even there. I don't need her talking to Peeves and him trying to cause us trouble."

"Alright," Harry said. "Fifteen minutes."

Luckily, Myrtle wasn't in the bathroom. Hermione wasn't sure where the ghost went when she wasn't there, but maybe she would at least be gone long enough for Hermione to explain things to Harry and Ron. Hermione sighed and shook her head. They were always so loud when they were surprised. It amazed her that they had been able to sneak around so much last year.

It wasn't long before Harry and Ron stuck their heads into the bathroom.

"All clear?" Harry asked.

"All clear," Hermione said.

They entered in a rush, closing the door quickly behind them to keep anyone who might be passing from spotting them.

Hermione was sitting on the floor when they entered, the book in her lap as she read over the passage.

"Did you find it?" Harry asked, noticing it was the book from the library.

Hermione nodded.

"Great," Ron said. "But why are we meeting in the girl's lavatory again?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Because," she said. "I told you when we first started talking about it that what we were doing would be dangerous, and we'd be breaking about fifty school rules if we were caught. We don't need to talk about it where others can hear us."

"Oh," Ron said.

Hermione sighed. "And you think Crabbe and Goyle are dense."

"Hey!" Ron snapped, offended by the insinuation while Harry laughed. "Shut it, Harry," Ron said, glaring at him.

"Sorry," Harry said, trying to collect himself. "It was funny. Go on Hermione."

Hermione flipped through a few of the pages a moment before finding the bookmark she had left in the book the night before. "Here it is. The Polyjuice Potion. 'Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another'."

"You mean, if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked.

"Yes," Hermione answered.

"Wicked!" Ron exclaimed. "Malfoy will tell us anything."

"Exactly," Hermione said. "But it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion."