chapter eleven

Ciel watches with horror as the life slowly drains form his aunt's once vibrant eyes. He releases his hold on Amber, feeling his body turn languid and slack. His eyes then turn to the blonde and Ciel gives a sigh of relief when he sees a pulse at the base of his neck.

"You shame me." Grell says, releasing his breath in a sigh. His green eyes study Madame Red, his chainsaw dripping crimson.

"You only shame yourself." A strangely calm and very unfamiliar voice replies, and Ciel watches as a flush rises onto Grell's cheeks.

"Oh William!" Grell exclaims as a man in a black suit steps out from the shadows, a pair of hedge clippers in hand, his black as night hair slicked back. His eyes gleam an identical green, matching Grell's eyes. Squealing, Grell races over to the man-William- with his arms outstretched. Glaring at Grell, William side steps him and the red head topples onto the blood-stained ground. 

"What is the meaning of this Sutcliff?' William inquires, his eyes drinking in the scene. He pulls his face into a frown when he notices the blonde, "And is that Mr. Knox? Gracious Grell, what on earth happened here?" 

Amber pulls her face into a frown when she hears a vaguely familiar voice interrupt Grell; whoever this William character is, Amber has definitely met him before.

"May I dare to ask who you are?" Sebastian's voice inquires, his voice sounding strained.

"My name is William T. Spears; grim reaper. And you must be that demon Grell is always going on about."

"Grim Reaper? Demon?" Amber asks, and shudders when all eyes turn to her; the feeling is quite uncomfortable, "What are you all blabbering on about? Have you all gone insane?"

"Amber..." Ciel's voice trails off and Amber shivers at the tone of his voice; dangerously calm.

"Where's Ronald?" Amber snaps, "I want to talk to him; I am certain that he will explain it all to me with truth instead of telling me lies about reapers and demons." A tense silence reaches Amber's ears and panic expands inside her chest, blooming like a deadly flower. This silence mirrors the silence Amber got when she called out for Leona that day...

"Yes." William says, causing the silence to shatter, "Why exactly is Mr. Knox lying in a pool of his own blood?"

"Blood?" Amber's voice rises to a screech and she takes a blind step forward, tripping over her own feet. She flails her arms and quickly regains her balance, the blood in her viens freezing.

"Take it easy." Ciel says, exasperated, "I am pretty sure he is alive-"

"'Pretty sure?'" Amber echoes, her voice dripping with anger, "So he could be dead?"

"It takes more than blood loss to kill a grim reaper." William says and that's when Amber's memory clicks.

"You!" She points accusingly at the direction of William's voice, "You were there when Leona...when she died! You said you were doing your job as a...as a..."

"A reaper." William finishes, "We take the souls and memories of the dying before the demons do."

"So wait. Hold up. What you're telling me is that you're a grim reaper and Sebastian is a demon?"

"A handsome one too!" Grell adds and Amber rolls her eyes.

"What about Grell and Madame Red?"

"Grell too is a reaper." Sebastian replies and Amber is aware of his presence beside her, "Madame Red was only a human.....a dead one now." Amber narrows her brows,

"Are you all joking me? There is no way that this is real, now let me ask Ronald."

"Ronald can't answer your questions at the moment." William says, his voice slightly irritated, "He is currently bleeding severely and it is beginning to concern me."

"Liar!" Amber shouts, lunging in the direction of Williams voice, her arms outstretched. They close on air and she falls onto her knees, her palms scraping the ground. There is something wet and sticky...Amber lifts her hand to her face, sniffing her skin. Blood...She quickly wipes her hand on her dress, bringing herself to her feet, "You are all crazy! See a doct-" A hand grabs Amber's wrist and she yelps, attempting to twist her hand free.

"Believe this Young Lady." William leads Amber a few paces to her left, placing it on familiar soft cloth. It is wet with the same sticky substance covering the ground. William releases her wrist and Amber slides her hand up an arm, her fingers feeling soft, silky hair and then large glasses.

"W-will he be okay?" Amber asks, her voice quivering.

"I do not know as of yet." William replies, "What I do know it that Grell will be punished."

"Aww. Come on Will!" Grell says, whining, "It wasn't me! Help me out here Sebas-Chan!"

"Punish him greatly." Sebastian replies and Grell gasps.

"How mean!" He says. Amber ignores Grell's ramblings as her hand cups a cold cheek.

"Do you think he will be okay William?"

"If he gets the proper treatments, then yes, I do believe so." Amber nods and her thumb strokes his cheek, wiping away the blood.

"And what is he?" Amber asks, remembering what Ciel called Ronald, "A grim reaper?" William hesitates before answering,

"Yes, he is."

Tada!!! I know this chapter is shorter but I didn't want you all thinking that the story finished...there is ALOT left; I'm just getting started. And so Amber learns the truth.

I'm actually updating this every day now...I just noticed that.

Hope you guys are liking this story.

♥TheAngelOfMusic27