chapter six

"So," Ronald begins, shifting uncomfortably on his feet, "Are you going to tell me anything or not because there's going to be this party and-"

"All the murdered are women." Ciel says, cutting Ronald off. The blonde reaper glowers, glaring at the boy.

"I know that. And you want to know what else I know?" Ronald pulls his lips back, revealing his teeth, "You look like a pirate." He smirks as Ciel flushes, his blue eye twitching.

"Oh! Sounds like things are about to get good!" The Undertaker says, wrapping his arms around himself, "A pirate..." His voice trails off and he erupts into hysterical laughter.

"We know..." Ciel raises his voice over The Undertaker, "That all the women have one thing in common: they all had a specific type of surgery." Ronald frowns, The Undertaker breaking into soft giggles.

"What sort of surgery?" Ronald inquires. Ciel's face hardens and when he speaks, he sounds a thousand years older,

"They entered pregnant and left without a child in their womb..." Ronald frowns at the boy; the Earl, and Queen's Watchdog: Ciel Phantomhive. There is something about him that makes Ronald nervous...or, it could just be the eye-patch. Ronald snickers, lifting a hand to his mouth. "This is not a laughing matter Mr. Knox." Ciel says, irritation dripping from his voice like venom.

"Sorry," Ronald says, not feeling a shred of guilt, "Remembered something funny." He drops his hand and it bounces uselessly against his thigh, "Keep talking little pirate."

"What," Ciel inquires, making a move toward the older boy, "Did you say?"

"I called you a pirate. Big deal, it probably happened before." Ronald waves a hand lazily at Ciel's direction, "You, my friend, are overreacting." 

"I am not your friend! I don't even know you!" Ronald releases a gasp, his hand slapping his chest.

"Well that hurt. You know, I don't need your help; you're just some annoying brat." Ronald moves his hand from his chest to his pocket, "I'll get information on my own. Now I'd say that it was a pleasure meeting you...but it wasn't. Try not to appear on my Death List." Dropping his eyelid in a single wink Ronald turns his back to Ciel and The Undertaker, striding out of the shop. He blinks his green eyes at the sun, squinting.

Amber crosses her arms over her chest. It has become quite awkward standing outside with Sebastian; the Phantomhive butler refuses to utter a single word, merely watching Amber with a severe gaze. Someone exits the shop and Amber uncrosses her arms, allowing them to rest at her sides.

"How'd it go Ciel?" She asks, only to be answered by an uncomfortable silence.

"Miss. Amber, I am afraid that you are not talking to Ciel but rather, that Master from earlier." Sebastian says. Amber can feel him leaning toward her and when he speaks, his breath stirs Amber's hair, "The one with the voice you seem fond of." He whispers. Amber holds in a shudder, attempting to keep a straight face; Sebastian's breath smells like a mixture between wine and blood.

"O-oh." Her heart begins to pulse angrily and she mentally curses herself for feeling such a way around this stranger; Ronald. "I-I apologize sir, I thought that you were someone else." She hears an unfamiliar laugh and she can feel her face heat up.

"You thought I was that pirate!" Ronald says in between laughs.

"Pirate?" Amber could hear the disapproving frown in Sebastian's voice. Ronald's laugh ceases until he is only chuckling,

"Yeah, with that eye-patch and all." Amber frowns, turning her head in Ronald's direction.

"Eye-patch?" She questions, tilting her head to the side.

"Uh huh." Ronald says, "He does look quite silly Miss. Amber." Amber's chest contracts when she hears him say her name; a dull aching that causes Amber to shiver.

"You two know each other?" Sebastian asks in his smooth voice.

"We met at the park before Leona...before she..." Amber's voice trails off and her eyes begin to sting.

"I'm dreadfully sorry to hear that." Ronald says, his voice causing needles to drive into Amber chest. Blindly, she reaches out in the direction of his voice and when her fingers run across familiar cloth, she grips onto it. Taking a deep breath she pulls him to her, throwing her arms around him in a big embrace. After a moments hesitation, Ronald returns her hug, his hands resting on the small of her back. "I'm so sorry." Ronald whispers, resting his chin on her head. That's when Amber realizes how tall he is, how gentle he is, how soft his suit is, and how he smells like ash. She nods, blinking back the tears while hiding her face in the folds of his suit; he doesn't need to see her cry. She can feel Sebastian watching her, his eyes piercing the back of her skull. The door to The Undertaker's shop flies open and Amber hears Ciel gasp.

"What is going on here?" Ronld pulls away from Amber and she stumbles forward. A strong hand grips onto her arm and Sebastian helps her regain her balance.

"O-oh hello C-Ciel." Amber stutters, swatting away Sebastian's hand,

"Little pirate." Ronald says, and a smile threatens it's way to Amber's lips. 

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" Ciel shouts and Amber flinches; she never heard the young boy yell before and honestly, it frightens her.

"Hmmmm." There is an awkward silence, broken when Ronald replies, "Only once little guy. And frankly, you're just wasting your breath."Ciel harrumphs and grabs Amber's hand, dragging her away.

"I've had enough of this foolishness. Let's go."

"Bye Ronald!" Amber says, waving a hand in the air.

"Good bye Miss. Amber." Ronald's voice rings through the air like little bells, causing Amber to shiver in delight. 

Awwwww Ciel just HAD to ruin that little moment...the little pirate *grrr*
Again, I am on a time limit for this story so I really need to hurry up because the date is fast approaching T.T

I get to stay home today because there is not a thing in the world that could drag me to school the day after exams. Nope. No way I am going. I am staying here in my room sleeping *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

I love you all my readers!!!!!

TheAngelOfMusic27