Chapter 1.

Written by @xSnowKiss

• Carter •

 I stared at the silver ring on my finger. It had never fit more perfectly. In less than 24 hours I would be marrying the guy I loved. The guy that brings happiness to my life. The guy that taught me that family was much more than those who gave birth to you.

 I'm brought back to reality by two familiar hands falling over my eyes. I smile, butterflies beginning to flutter in my stomach.

  "I know it's you, Justin."

A small chuckle escapes from Justin's lips and he swiftly hops over the couch, landing perfectly beside me. His smile hypnotizes me. I stay silent, my eyes scanning every little of inch his beautiful face. His light brown hair falls softly above his eyes, his hazel eyes which I always find myself getting lost in. His nose couldn't be more perfect, sitting there in the center of his face. Every little of inch Justin made me wonder why he chose me when he could have proposed to someone prettier. Someone with few or no problems. Someone perfect like him.

 "If you're going to stare, you might as well take a picture. In fact, I'll model for you." Justin teases, running a hand through his hair in a male-model pose. "Clothes on or off?"

I feel my face heat up so I roll my eyes and look away, gluing them to the black, inanimate TV screen.

"You're blushing." Justin points out, scooting closer to me and draping an arm around my shoulder. "Is it because you're imagining me with my clothes off?"

I groan and wiggle his arm off my shoulder, my face becoming hotter. "Stop it!"

Justin chuckles. "I'm kidding." He leans over and presses his lips to my cheek. "You know you love me."

I frown but give in, letting him pull me back into his arms. "Maybe."

"That better not be your answer when the priest asks you if you take me as your husband tomorrow." Justin jokes, brushing a strand of my brown hair away from my eyes.

"Maybe." I say again, teasing him.

"At least it's better than a no." Justin admits, laying his forehead on mine. "You know, it's killing me that I haven't gotten to see you in your wedding dress yet."

"It's just a dress, Justin." I tell him. "Do you really want to see me in it that bad?"

"I really want to see you out of it." He says and my cheeks officially catch fire.

All Justin does is smile and lean in to kiss me. I let him, allowing him to lay me back on the couch and deepen the kiss.

Justin knows I'm nervous. About the honeymoon, I mean. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take things that far, married or not. That's why neither of us has mentioned the honeymoon. Justin makes jokes, but I can tell he's only teasing me.

Usually.

I don't even know where we're going for the honeymoon. Justin hasn't told me. I asked him once. He refused to tell me. He says he wanted to surprise me.

I hate surprises.

"Whoa there, save some for the honeymoon."

My cheeks were now ashes. I pull away from Justin and sit up, turning towards the source of the voice. It was Cale; my best friend, my brother from another mother, whatever you wanted to call him. He was staring between Justin and I, an amused look on his face.

I scowl. "Geez, Cale. Ever heard of knocking?"

Cale raises an eyebrow and motions to his surroundings with his index finger. "From what I recall, this is the living room. It's not exactly private and," He chuckles. "People don't knock before entering the it."

"No need to be a smartass." I snap.

"Chill." Justin kisses my forehead. "It's not the first time he's walked in on us. Besides, I'll never forget the time when we caught him and Selena-"

"Don't." Cale cuts him off, shooting him a glare as I roll over in laughter.

Justin laughs along with me and I silently thank him for getting rid of the embarrassment I was feeling. It may not be the first time Cale had walked in on us, but I still felt like it was an invasion of privacy.

Though, Cale is right. We are in the living room. We'd be lucky if someone didn't walk in on us.

"Speaking of, where is Selena?" Justin asks after our laughter has died down.

The frown that had formed into Cale's face is quickly replaced by a smile. "She went out to...do some shopping." The look on his face tells me he isn't telling us the whole truth.

"Cale-" I begin to say but he cuts me off.

"I'm going upstairs to shower." He says, making his way towards the stairs. "And Marci told me to tell you that she'll be here soon. Something about some final wedding shopping...? Jack's working late in hospital." With that, Cale saunters up the stairs and disappears, the sound of the shower running audible not long after.

"Final wedding shopping?" Justin mumbles, leaning back so that his head rested on my lap.

I shrug. "Aunt Marci wants everything to be perfect. I sometimes feel that it's her wedding and not mine."

Justin flashes me a small smile and finds my hand, squeezing it. "Well, it is your wedding. Our wedding."

I sigh, flicking a loose curl out of my eyes. "Do you think things will change between us? You know, since we're getting married. Will it feel different? I don't want to lose what we have."

Justin reaches up to caress my cheek, his smile reassuring. "Things won't change. The only difference is that we'll be bonded by two rings and a piece of paper. We'll never lose what we have, Carter. I'm in love with you. I always will be."

"One in three marriages end in divorce." I point out, leaning my head back on the couch.

Justin flashes me his perfect set of white teeth. "Then I guess we'll be in the lucky two."

I can't help but smile back. "I love you."

"I love you too." He promises. "And I always will. Never doubt it."

I let my free hand fall to his hair, letting my fingers get tangled in luscious locks. "I won't."