Chapter 11

* Sorry if there are spelling errors, I don't go over and revise what I wrote. But please don't comment if there are any. *

- Claire's pov -

I walked silently down the hall and to the bathroom. I had made sure it was late at night before I did this, if Hailey caught me I would surely be tortured or maybe even killed. I didn't like what I was about to do but if it means that the boys got to escape here then I would have to go through with it. Opening up the cabinet I shuffled bottles around trying to find the right one. I almost screamed in happiness when I found the bottle of pain killers. Before, Hailey never kept medicine like this in the house. She always thought I was going to take too much by accident, so if you ever did get hurt here you dealt with it the old fashioned way.

The stairs creaked slightly making my whole body freeze. I stood there and listened intently to see if Hailey had woken. When I heard nothing I released a sigh of relief. Hailey wasn't a deep sleeper, even the slightest noise could wake her.

I found the two dogs laying by the kitchen door. They jumped up immediately staring at me with glowing eyes. Praying they didn't bark at my presence I walked over to the counter. Grabbing two pieces of bread I poured a handful of pills into it, wrapping it carefully. Hopefully they would eat it. And I'm correct in thinking that the pills would kill them.

The dogs ran over to me as soon as I bent down, holding out the squished up bread to them. They grabbed it from my hand and gobbled it up. I could hear them crunching down on the pills, some of the dust falling from their mouths. "I'm sorry." I whispered as if they could understand me. I was never one to harm animals, I was totally against it, but like I said before if it would help the boys escape I would do it.

After I made sure they ate it all and there was no traces of me being there I put back the pills then retreated to my room.

My eyes were wide, my thoughts running wild. Thinking about the future and what was to come made my hands shake. I was sure I was going to faint from all the excitement going on. Though it was a different kind of excitement then what most kids would go through.

Comparing my life to those of other kids I've seen in the shows I've watched made me feel crazy. They weren't tricked into helping somebody kidnap innocent people, nor have they heard the screams and cries for help, or have been threatened and burned by one of their family members. It was like I could feel pieces of my insanity falling to the ground. The noise it made echoed in my mind.

Soon it was a jumble of noises. From screams, gun shots, the sizzling of hot iron, to the cries of the innocent. It wouldn't stop.

I bit into the corner of my blanket to stop from screaming in frustration. My hands pulled at my hair, knotting some strands together.

So this is who I'll become. Maybe when I get them out of this mess, and Hailey gets caught or is still alive, I'll join her in an insane asylum. The thought scared me. I'd rather die then live with these memories. The memories of what I'd down and what I'd seen and heard. I couldn't imagine what the boys are like. Sitting downstairs chained to chairs just sitting in the dark. The only noise would ragged breathing from those who could actually get to sleep.

I shook the thought from my mind. If I kept thinking about all of this all of my insanity would crumple away and I would be in no right mind to even help them anymore.

Shutting my eyes tightly I tried to clear my mind and finally get some sleep. Who knows what tomorrow would bring so every ounce of sleep I got get was needed.

-

My eyes opened slowly. The hair on my arms and neck were raised. Someone was in my room, watching me. I turned my head peering at my bedroom. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

Hailey stood glaring at me at her feet were two limp dogs. So it did work. "You did this." The atmosphere around her seemed to change completely. It was dark and ominous. I knew that this was the chance for them to escape, and I hoped Zayn had listened to what I had said to him the night before.

"This escape plan if going to happen sooner then we thought." I whispered to him as I got him chained. "I just need to get rid of the dogs. It might be suspicious if something happens to them so soon but... this could be the only chance we have."

He looked down at me, his brown eyes studying my face. "What are you going to do?" He asked softly. My heart fluttered and I had to look down before he could see my flustered cheeks.

I thought for a moment, "I'm going to give them a lot of pills. I always heard that you're not suppose to give your dogs your own medication but I've never heard of one actually dying from getting to one. I'll try though and if it works then it will be easier to escape. That will distract Hailey, she'll surely come to me and get revenge. When that happens you need to quickly get out of your chains and get the others. I'll start screaming if it works, you just need to get out quickly before she suspects anything."

I stopped to look at him. "If we don't see each other after that... I want you to tell the boys how sorry I am. I was too naive to see what was happening around me. And whatever happens don't come back. Just run North and don't stop."

He took a moment to reply, "Ok." But just by the sound of his voice I knew he wouldn't entirely listen to me.

I nodded and got up. I gave him a small smile and a quiet goodbye.

She kicked the dogs bodies away from her and walked towards me. I backed up against the wall as far as I could. When she was close enough she lunged for me, her hands wrapping around my arms, her nails digging into my skin.

Using the fear and pain forming in my body I let out the loudest scream I could muster.

Go Zayn.

______________________________________

I'm back and with an update! I hope you guys still have interest for this story and sorry to say but if you are one of those who remember the last authors note I had that talked about the possibility of a sequel it is not happening. Lo siento. I don't think I have enough creativity to make another. And the plot was so cliche and stupid.

Thank you for getting me to 500 followers and to those who are still reading this! I greatly appreciate it. And if you haven't already read it, if you thought this story was somewhat decent then check out my other story Without A Trace. Kinda similar to this one.

Please vote/comment/follow :-)

- A