Chapter 7

- Claire's pov -

The wrap was tightly fit around Liam's mid thigh. I had disinfected it and given him some pain killers. He seemed a little better then before.

Remembering what had happened earlier made me shiver in fear.

Zayn had snapped at Hailey. Not only did he tick her off he also made his punishment for hurting me come two days early. Nothing I could say or do could change her mind.

I can only hope that Zayn won't get hurt badly.

She had taken him to the basement, after I heard nothing. Who knows what's happening down there. Or what she has planned.

The soft snores coming from Liam broke my train of thought. His lips were parted slightly, his chest rising and falling with every breath.

He was handsome. Very handsome. If I was his parent I would be proud.

But only by saying that the guilt was back. I don't think it'll ever leave.

I helped ruin a family, hell, five families.

These boys were probably loved by their families. And from what Hailey has told me they all have a sibling. I brought so much pain on the family and siblings of them.

What have you done Claire?

The little voice scolded yet again.

I brushed a piece of hair from Liam's forehead, quietly whispering a small "I'm sorry".

I'm sorry isn't going to get them back to their families, Claire.

Shaking my head I closed the door trying not to make any noise.

Walking to my room I quickly checked on the other boys. Hailey specifically didn't want them down stairs when she was "working" so they slept on the cots in an extra room. Cuffed to the bed.

Looking in, all I could see in the lighting was bumps on the cots that were covered by a thin blanket. They were all sleeping peacefully.

Because of Hailey going to give Zayn a punishment I slipped a sleeping pill in all of their drinks. They already had hell sitting on their shoulders why not make it less worse?

I also didn't want them to hear anything. But sadly there wasn't enough pills for them and me so I was left out.

Whatever pain Hailey brought on Zayn I would have to hear. But I guess I couldn't complain right? He's getting much worse then me.

The screams began at midnight. They were loud and almost made you feel his pain.

I laid on my bed staring at the wall just listening to them.

It was like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. My whole life was now.

All I could do was wish and hope for everything to just go in reverse where none of this happened. Hailey was still my nice sister. And I was the same clueless Claire.

But maybe not.

I jumped from my bed and quietly opened my door. Zayns screams were still going so I didn't have to worry about Hailey.

I still made sure to be extra quiet just incase she were to hear.

I made my way down the hall and to the computer room. Shutting the door and standing to listen to see if anyone heard I went to our computer.

I turned it on and waited the few minutes for it to load. Once it did I went to google and typed in 'One Direction kidnapping'. Lots of articles and pictures of the band and their crying fans showed up.

There were many videos of dedication to the band. They were about their journey all the way up to the night they were kidnapped.

I clicked on one of the articles from the news. Immediately a video started playing above the article. It was a news report. The reporter explained how the day went when 1D went missing. Saying people seen the band separately leave the bar. Not knowing who with; which made me happy and sad. She then went to a clip of the bands family.

First was Liam's. His mom, dad and sibling stood, all with tears in their eyes. It went on, Zayns large family, Louis' parents and little sisters, Harry's parents and sister, and Nialls parents and brother. Then they showed clips of their girlfriends, Danielle, Eleanor. They all shared the same expression; pained, sad, horrified. They didn't know if their kids, or boyfriends were even alive.

The report soon ended with a website and phone number you could call.

'1-800-417-3649' I wrote rather sloppy on a scrap paper.

I stopped and listened. Zayns screams stopped.

I quickly closed the tabs and turned off the computer. Checking the hall for anyone I ran to my room.

Just as I slipped my blanket over my body someone walked in.

A hand caressed my face, lips were gently placed onto my cheek. A small 'goodnight' was said then the sound of my door closing.

My eyes closed with fatigue. And for once, I didn't go to sleep feeling small, I felt bigger and more confident now that I had a plan an d I could help.

But what I had forgotten and not noticed was the small red light that shined brightly in the corner of the computer room. The small red light that meant so much more silly little light. The red light from the recording camera.

----------------

I am really sorry for the long wait. Really. The ending of July was kinda busy for me then I really could not find the inspiration to write.

I tried listening to Daughter, since she usually helps me get into the mood to write but it didn't work.

But now I have finished a chapter! If its short, sorry, I wanted to give you something.

I have three thins to say.

1. Thank you to everyone who is reading this and is waiting patiently! (I do t think anyone has done it but don't comment asking for me or others to read your story. It kinda ticks me off. Just message me and I'll check it out maybe a shout)

2. If you have read my other story Without a Trace, thank you if not check it out, then you'll have probably noticed it isn't long. It is a short story, like this one. So there will not be a lot of chapters left (depends act.) Sorry if you like long stories, and Yay! if you like short ones.

3. I have another story that I might post. It isn't a One Direction one sorry. But it probably won't be up until this story is finished and The Neighbor has more chapters. It's called Tortured Within and it's a Tony Perry (from the band Pierce The Veil) fanfic. You don't have to like the band or that genre of music to read it, it will not revolve around PTV. If you like that band the get ready! :-)

I'm finished :) Hopefully you guys like this, and I'll shoot out another I'm sorry. Because I am.

Please, vote/comment/follow <--

- A