Chapter 8

- Claire's pov -

When I woke the next morning, things were different. Hailey was acting... strange. She seemed to always be staring at me. While I walked into the kitchen, she was drinking her coffee staring at me. While I was making my breakfast, when I was eating. She was always staring at me. It left an unsettling feeling in me.

What if she had found out what I did?

What would she do about it?

What would she do to me?

My hands began to shake as I got dressed. I couldn't even brush my hair because of the shaking.

Calm down. How would she even know what I did?

Then it hit me.

How did I not notice it? Or even remember it? Hailey set up cameras almost everywhere besides the bedrooms and bathroom. This ruins everything. I could've helped the boys. I could've saved them.

My heart beat went faster as seconds passed. What am I going to do?

"Claire? Come down to the basement, now." Hailey's voice echoed up the stairs. I'm sure my eyes were as wide as can be after her sentenced finished.

Never in my life have I ever been so scared. When my parents passed I wasn't so frightened, because, then I had Hailey with me. I had someone to protect me from things out in the world. But now, that their gone, and the old Hailey, who is there to save me from her?

My feet shuffled slowly to the basement door. A shaky hand was placed on the knob, opening the door slowly. The floors creaked as I walked down them. Everything now seemed so much more frightening. The dull light hanging from the ceiling, the grey peeling walls, and the creaky stairs.

The boys all sat in a circle, Hailey standing in the middle. In her hands were two ropes. They hung from a bar on the ceiling. I stopped just behind Louis and Nialls chairs.

"Come closer, Claire." Hailey said, no emotion evident in her voice at all. Hesitantly, I walked over standing a few inches apart from her. She smiled at me and grabbed my arm in a death grip.

My mouth opened from shock and pain. "W-what are you doing?" She didn't give me an answer though. Only tying one of the ropes around my wrist so tightly I could already tell there was a bruise forming. "Hailey, please. It hurts." I said in a small voice. Usually it worked on her but now she's gone.

"Oh, don't try and act small and innocent Claire. You were before but now, now you're a big savior now huh? Or well that's what you thought. Am I right?" She peered at me quizzically. "You thought that while I was dealing with Zayn, you could just all the sudden get the guts to try and find help for them? Well, you seem to have forgot that it would never be so easy as going on a computer and getting some information. I brought them here. I'm surely not going to make it easy for them to get away." Her voice was turning rough and mean, something you've never heard from her.

By now she had both your arms tied up with the ropes. Something you didn't even notice till now. "What surprised me was that you, my sister, betrayed me! If I hadn't checked the tapes then you might have actually got them help. Why would you do that!?" She screamed. Hailey's face was red from anger. Her anger only scaring me more. "Do you know what they did to me!? I was going to get in! I was going to win! But they showed up with their undeveloped little boy voices and their baby faces, wowing the judges!" She came up to me with slightly watery eyes. "I could have made it big. We could have made it big. I had plans for our future; me a singer and you with your gorgeous innocent looks could have been a model! Think of the success we could've had. Mom and Dad would have been proud."

Her words shocked me. I get it now. She tried out for x factor. But since the boys tried out she didn't make it to the next part. That's why she's hurting them. Revenge. It was sickening to think about. Hurting them because she wasn't good enough.

"Mom and Dad.." Hailey's mumbling broke me from my thoughts. "What are they going to think if I hurt you....?" She looked to the ground holding her head. She kept mumbling to herself about nonsense I couldn't pick up. The boys only looked even more scared of her. "It doesn't matter. They're dead. It's your fault!" She pointed to me. Then she pulled two ropes and my arms were pulled up, so high that I was standing on my tippy toes just to take away some of the little pain that was brought from them stretching so much.

"This is your punishment, Claire." I could no longer focus on her anymore. My arms began hurting more and more as time passed. I clenched my teeth in hope of not screaming out. "This is what you get! Don't ever try to ruin my plans. You never know if you might be joining these fools." She whispered menacingly into my ear. Before she left, she gave my cheek a hard slap. "Have fun hanging with them, my dear Claire."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.... this is crap. I seriously need lessons on how to write better because I feel this was all over the place and some parts didn't make sense.

Anyway... I love the feedback you guys are giving me. Even if it is just you telling me to hurry up with a chapter. I did try and reply to all the comments. I will probably start doing that now, just to interact with you guys and answer some questions.

This chapter, as well as probably all chapters in my stories, is not edited so there will be mistakes. I'm seriously too lazy to take the time to reread everything and correct my spelling and see if things make sense which is kinda bad of me.....

If you are still in school I hope everything is going great for you! My school and classes are okay except fro ela since there's speeches and I can not go in front of class. I hate the attention it brings me. But I hope all is well for you guys! :-)

Please vote/comment/follow

- A