Chapter 41 - Cocky Man

Lauren Hastington

"You know.. you two keep looking at each other lovingly.. am I suppose to look at this old man too?" My dad asked he pointed at Nicholas. Nicholas grabbed my dad's index finger and looked at him batting his eyelashes making me laugh so hard.

"You are a fucking dickhead." My dad hissed and Nicholas laughed. Dylan laughed too.

"Oh come on dad.. you're so grumpy right now." I said and he glared at me.

"How can I not be grumpy? Explain.." He said.

"Welcome to the family, Lauren. I'm so happy to accept you as-" My dad shoved a pizza to Nicholas's mouth stopping him to talk.

"Daddy.." I was speechless.

"He's pissed.." Nicholas laughed. My dad took my left hand and looked at the ring.

"It's a fake diamond." My dad said bluntly and then pt my hand back.

"So when is the wedding?" Nicholas teased and my dad glared at him.

"Don't be grumpy." Nicholas patted my dad's hand. I turned my eyes to Dylan and he's looking at me with those eyes.

"Why are you so beautiful?" He mouthed and I chuckled.

"Of course, she is! Hailey and I worked hard to make her!" My dad bursted and I turned to him disbelief. Nicholas laughed so hard until he leaned back to the chair holding his stomach.

"Thankyou for working hard to make her.." Dylan simply said.

"Dad, me and Dylan are going to stroll around. Bye Nicholas."

"No! You're going home with me!" My dad hissed.

"Go." Nicholas smiled and I got up from my seat. My dad sighed and gestured me to go.

"Dad.. I'm with Dylan not someone you don't know." I said smiling and he nodded lightly.

"Go.. before I change my mind." He said and I grabbed Dylan's hand. We walked out and I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Dylan asked and I turned to him.

"I'm just happy.. so happy." I said and Dylan smiled. He held my hand tightly and he looked at it.

"Are you ready to spend your whole life with me?" He suddenly asked.

"I'm more than ready, you?"

"Babe.. I won't ask you if I wasn't ready." He said and I caressed his cheek. I looked into his eyes and kissed his cheek.

"I'm so happy right now.. My stomach is full of butterflies.." I said and he chuckled.

"I will make them stay inside your stomach forever." He leaned closer to me and he kissed me slowly. He pulled me close and then he kissed my forehead.

"Well.. you look at that.." He said as he pointed at something. I turned my head to where he's pointing at and I chuckled.

"Your favorite ice cream shop."

"You know me so well, Dylan Lemiere."

"I know I'm the best." He said and I smacked his chest playfully. He held my hand and we walked together to the ice cream shop. I asked him to sit down and I ordered cheesecake and oreo yoghurt ice cream. I brought the cup to where Dylan sits down. I sat across him and started to dig in my cheesecake ice cream.

"This is reall-" I stopped when I saw Dylan looking at me with a big smile in his face.

"I love you, Lauren." He suddenly said and I raised my eyebrows. I put my hand on his forehead.

"I'm not sick silly." He said.

"Will we be crazily in love if.. you know.. we started earlier? Without hurting each other?" I asked and he put his spoon down.

"I don't think I will love you this crazy." He said honestly and that made me curious.

"If we started earlier, I will never learn how much it hurts to not have the person you love with you and how painful is it to see the person that you love in someone else's arms and lastly.. I will never realize how much I love you and only you who I want to spend the rest fo my life with." My heart's beating crazily right now.

"I guess we learn as the time goes by." I said and he nodded.

"Well.. Sorry to Luke that I will erase his last name soon." He said and I chuckled.

"How is it? Being in love? Being so crazy in love?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Wow.. is this an interview time? I'm a busy person, Ms. Hastington."

"I know Mr. Lemiere so just answer my question please.."

"Well.. being so crazy in love is just incredible.. I guess. The feeling of it is just.. I can't even describe it with words." He answered as I scooped a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"For me.. Love is Lauren and Lauren is love." Because of that.. I choked. He panicked immediately and he bought a bottle of water right away. I drank it quickly as he patted my back.

"Why are chokig like that? Eat slowly.. I'm not going to steal you ice cream." He said as he sat back.

"I was never expecting you to say something like that." I said as I patted my chest.

"Why? Am I romantic?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes right away after he said that.

"Oh God.. I will live the rest of my life with this cocky man."

"You should be happy about that, you can't get this cocky man from the street." Dylan said as he pointed himself. I looked at him disbelief and he just laughed.

"Love you my little red."

"Love you too.. you crazy man." I hissed and scooped my ice cream again.

The End