Chapter 25 - Past

Lauren Hastington

I got up from my bed because I'm so damn hungry. I walked out from my room and walked downstairs. I froze when I found someone that I don't even expect to be here.

"Hey Lauren." Blane smiled and I was speechless.

"What-"

"I let him in, come down here." My mom said and I continued to walk down.

"Mom." I whispered and she smiled. I turned to Blane and he looked at me smiling. I dragged my mom to the kitchen.

"Mom!"

"Lauren, you're a grown up woman. Talk to him okay? Besides I was the one who ask him to come.. it's time for you to talk." She said and I guess she's right. It's been more than a year since we broke up and everything with Dylan is just.. weird.

I've been spending my time reading a lot of book and time flies so fast until when I realized I read 67 books. Well it's better than going to the club and make out with a random guy.

"Fine." I said and I sighed. I walked out from the kitchen and walked to Blane.

"Wait for me.. let's go out to eat pancakes." I said and he nodded. I got up and ran upstairs. I took a quick shower and changed into my white tanktop and my leather jacket. I put on my jeans and boots. I walked downstairs and gestured Blane to go.

"Bye mom." I said.

"Bye kids." I walked out from my house and walked to Blane's car. He opened the door for me and I smiled to him. I got in and shut the door. He got in too.

"Where to?"

"Usual." I said and he nodded. He drove towards my usual cafe and none of us talked. I felt.. you know.. my heart is beating weirdly but not in a usual way. It's like I'm nervous.

When we arrived, I got off first and he parked in front the cafe. I walked in first and looked at the menu.

"As usual?" Blane asked and I turned to him nodding. He ordered it for me and I sat on the corner of the cafe. I took a really deep breath.

"So.. how are you?" Blane asked as he sat in front of me.

"Good, how about you?"

"I can't say that I'm okay, I miss you so much." He said and I looked straight to his eyes.

"Blane.. we-"

"I know.. we broke up. I know. It's been more than a year.. I can't stop thinking about you." He said as he took my hand. I looked at it and sighed.

"Distance.." I said scoffing.

"I still love you, Lauren." He said and I looked up to his eyes. Love? I love to hear that word but not from Blane's mouth.

"Blane.. we're-"

"Okay. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have say it bluntly." He said and I nodded.

"I was broken hearted. I can't say that now I'm completely okay now. I'm still a wreck now." I said truthfully and looked at him seriously.

"You broke up with me because distance.. We have our private jets, Blane." I said and he nodded lightly.

"I'm sorry that I broke your heart and I'm sorry for breaking up with you because of that. It's just.. so hard to keep it up. You know that Brooklyn is not into business and my dad just put all of it on me. I can't go back and fort to New York and LA all the time." He said.

"But you can tell me and I will be the one who come to you."

"I was stressing at that time, Lauren." He said and I sighed.

"Why now?" I asked.

"Brooklyn decided to comeback to the company and now he gave me a rest.. I decided to come here.. to find you." He said and I sighed.

"Strawberry pancake.. and breakfast special." Our food came and I looked at it without any appetite.

"As usual.. right?" Blane asked and I nodded. I looked at my strawberry pancake blankly. Suddenly Blane cut it for me and put it in front of my mouth waiting for me to open my mouth. I opened my mouth and he fed me.

"Eat." He gestured and I nodded. I started to eat but still no appetite. I put down my knife and my fork.

"When you're gone, Dylan filled up your place." I said truthfully and he looked at me blankly.

"Dylan?"

"Yes, Dylan. He's the one for me when I'm sad and he filled up your place."

"So you like him?" Blane asked and I nodded. Blane put down his knife and fork too. He took a really deep breath and he looked away for awhile.

"So you two are dating now?"

"No. Dylan doesn't it. We're not dating and will never date. He hates to settle down and the idea of having a relationship." I said honestly and Blane turned to me.

"Then.. I still have a chance." I looked at him disbelief.

"Blane, you don't understand."

"You're my first love, Lauren. I can't forget you easily and I don't think I can look at another woman beside you." He said and I sighed big time.

"You're my first love too but things change.. Blane."

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Lauren. I didn't know what was I thinking when I broke up with you." He held my hand tightly.

"I want to date you again.. will you give me a chance?" He asked and that caught me out of guard.

"Blane.." I was speechless.

"I promise I will be better and I won't hurt you again. I promise."

"I don't know." I shook my head.

"I don't think I can live without you.. Lauren."