Chapter 6 - Anything?

Lauren Hastington

"Thanks for cheering me up." I said to Dylan as we walked out from the movie theater.

"Welcome." He said as he ruffled my hair. I can't help be happy spending time with Dylan. Dylan is different than the other Lemiere siblings. He's more down to earth and I can say that he has his mom's genes more than his dad's. The other siblings have 80% of his dad genes that's why.

"Are you taking me back home now?" I asked and he turned to me.

"Yeah, do you have something in mine?" He asked.

"Have a drink."

"No." He said it right away.

"Why?" I whined.

"I don't want to deal with the drunk Lauren." He said and I sighed.

"Fine. Let's go find ice cream." I said and he nodded agreeing. I squealed and linked my arm to his. We walked towards his car and I got into it.

"You still owe me 2 movies." We can't watch 3 movies just like ke promised earlier so we decided to watch one only.

"Yes, little red. You keep saying that again and again." Dylan said as he started the car. Before he can drive away, I poked his arm and he turned to me.

"I kinda like spending time with you, don't you?"

"No.. I feel like baby sitting." I looked at him disbelief and I smacked his arm. He chuckled and then drove away.

"Baby sitting? Excuse me.."

"You're still childish."

"I'm not!"

"You are."

"I'm not."

"Okay, let's not argue and let's just find your ice cream." He gestured me to stop and I pouted. I looked around the neighbourhood looking for an icecream place or froyo will do. Dylan suddenly stopped and parked on the side.

"Found one, let's go get your ice cream and go home, little red."

"Don't call me that!" I hissed and got out from the car. I waited for Dylan but he's currently taking off his blazer. He walked to me and put his blazer around my shoulder without saying anything. He took my hand and we walked across the street to the ice cream place. He gestured me to sit down and asked me what I want.

"Cookies and Cream and Cheesecake." I said and he nodded. He walked towards the ordering section and I can't help but looking at him dreamy.

Hey, I'm a single woman now. It's not a crime to look at another cute guy. I mean Blane is not as sweet as Dylan. He loves me but he's not that caring. I sighed. I still love Blane even though it's just a little.

I feel like a bitch now.

I just broke up and now I'm dragging Dylan to be my shield. I can use my brother as a shield but I picked Dylan because being with him.. I feel safe and just comfortable.

I remember l the kiss that we shared. It was amazing. I felt different.. and now being with Dylan my heart keeps getting better and better. I found my comfort zone now.

"Here you go." I smiled as Dylan put my ice cream in front of me and he sat down across me. My eyes lighted up and took a small scoop of Cookies and Cream first. It's so good and I looked up to see Dylan eating a Peanut butter ice cream with Macademia nute ice cream. It looked kinda good.. I think.. I looked at it weirdly and he pushed his cup towards me.

"Try it.." He said as he gestured me to eat it.

"No.. I don't like peanuts." I said and kept gesturing me to try it.

"Good, right?" He asked as I scooped a little bit into my mouth and I nodded. It's weird but okay.. I guess.

"So let's go." He said as he got up from his seat.

"Aren't you going to finish it first?"

"Nah.. I'll give to Crystal later on."

"No.. sit down!" I said and he looked at me disbelief. I gestured him to sit and he sat down.

"Lauren.. it's late, your brothers and dad will kill me."

"You're not Blane, they won't kill you. Besides I'm not out with strangers. I'm with you, I will be safe and I can protect myself incase you forgot." I said as I ate my cheesecake ice cream.

"Dylan.." I called and he raised his eyebrows looking at me.

"About.. the kiss."

"Don't. I don't want to talk about it." He said and my jaw dropped.

"Why is that?" I asked him in a bitchy tone. Gosh I need to learn how to control my bitchy and pissy tone.

"Why do you want to talk about it anyway? It's just a game."

"Dylan.. I won't talk about it if it's just a peck on the lips. We're completely making out." I said and he sighed.

"If you want to talk about it, we're friends and sometimes friends can make out." He said like it was nothing.

"Friends can make out? Seriously?" I asked and he nodded. I took a really deep breath and moved to the seat beside him. I leaned to him but he leaned back to the wall completely shock. His eyes widen and he put his hands in front of my face.

"You said friends can make out."

"I mean.. at that time! Gosh Lauren, you're so sensitive."

"So you didn't feel anything at that time?" I asked and he shook his head. I put down his hands and raised my eyebrows.

"You really don't feel anything?"

"I don't."

"How about the second kiss?" I asked.

"Nothing. See! There's nothing to talk about." He said as he gestured me to go back to my seat.

"You're freaking unbelievable."

"It was just a game, Lauren. We're all drunk."

"We both kinda sober so.."

"It's just a game and don't be sensitive about it." I don't believe that he didn't feel anything. I really really don't believe it. I put my hand on his chest and his eyes widen.

"Lauren.." He warned. I slowly trailed my fingers up towards his cheek. I caressed and looked at him straight into his eyes. His body was tensed but it kinda relax a little bit after I caressed his cheek.

"I'm crashing your office tomorrow.. have lunch together."

"I'm going to Orlando tomorrow." He said and I smiled.

"Well.. I guess I see you after that."