yourstrulytrina's Special Chapter

To be honest, this is the first time I even heard that the Wattpad Philippines Ambassadors made their own version of Wattpad Block Party. I used to be consistently part of the line-up of the original Block Party so I was so excited when they asked me to join in this one. Besides, it gave me an excuse to write about my favorite characters again.

No matter which version of Falling For The Opposite you've read, whether it was the Wattpad version or the published version, there was brief mention of a summer road trip that they planned during their summer before college. And true to the themes of all my books, it's going to be as lightheartedly funny and will make you fall in love with my characters all over again. Well, I surely did because I missed writing these people.

So enjoy!

Humming a gleeful tune behind my lips, my eyes were glued to my phone, waiting for it to ring. Drew? Well, he was busily entertaining himself in the kitchen while Jazzy, the wonderful maid and strict person she was, tried and failed, to stop him from eating all the snacks she packed for us.

The moment my device started vibrating, I bolted up from my position on the couch and grabbed it from its spot on the coffee table, racing towards where my supposed boyfriend was happier with seeing food than he was seeing me. Still, nothing ripped off the smile from my face when I picked up the call and pressed the phone against my ear, "Are we ready?"

My best friend's laughter and happiness was completely evident in her voice when she giggled a breathless, "Yes, c'mon down this instant, we're not waiting another second."

"Drew!" I yelled before I could even place the phone down, "Let's go."

He was still chewing the sandwich Jazzy must have given him to hush down his demands. I blinked at him and even though my mind was already floating with excitement, my heart calmed down at the sight of him. I reached out a hand and I slowly watched the small smile crept to his face. Dusting off his palms, he grasped my hand and intertwined our hands together.

"Take care," Jazzy said warmly, giving a small bag of all the snacks, "I'll see you two in a month or so."

We got into the elevator and into the side door towards the parking lot where I asked the whole group to wait so they wouldn't be jamming the front of the building. Some of the staff already went ahead and placed our bags into one of the jeeps so it was just us who were missing.

Drew opened the door for me and helped me up, considering it was still a big elevation from the ground. He followed right after and sat beside me just as Jessica turned from her position in the passenger seat, "What took you so long?"

"Calm down, it hasn't even been five minutes so you ended the call," I told her, accompanied by a teasing eyeroll.

Blake chuckled from behind the wheel, pressing down on the horn to signal his twin, who was driving the other jeep, that we were about to head out. Jessica placed her shades back down and tapped on her phone that was connected by the aux cord, "Ready for the summer of your lifetime?"

"Not of my lifetime," I shrugged, stealing a glance towards Drew. He was still observing me and if I haven't slowly trained myself to be at ease even under his blazing gaze, I would have blushed. I gripped on the two front chairs and thrusted my body forward so I was peeking from the gap between my friends' seats, "But our lifetime."

"So what exactly was Lillian's plan for us?" Drew questioned.

Jessica and I traded looks before I leaned back against my seat, "It's like you don't know us."

He was silent for a moment and I knew dread was already dawning upon him. No matter how chaotic and unpredictable his life has been, he have always craved for order. However, he found himself with a group of teenagers who had lived with nothing but a bunch of other people having control of their lives for them. So he must be aware that by now, whenever we get to be free from the restraints of responsibilities and expectations, we were going to let loose.