I don't see dead people . . . Chapter 8

I am soooo totally sorry!! *Hangs head in shame* I sort of forgot about this story, and I completely forgot that I put a vote limit on the last chapter! Shame on me, I know :(

Chapter 8

Mickey's POV

Two Days Later

I got up this morning a bit depressed. We were going back to Los Angeles today, and in less than a week, back to school. Don't get me wrong, I missed my family and my dogs. But I liked to get away from the city every once in a while, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to again until at least spring break, which seemed way too far away.

Sighing to myself, I unzipped my sleeping bag and threw it off me. When I did, something rolled off of it and made a tiny 'pop' noise when it hit the floor. My nose scrunched as a nasty odor filled the tent. I braced myself and looked around.

"NATE!!!" I screamed. Immediately, I heard laughter just outside my tent. There were 'water balloons' everywhere, and I'd bet good money that they weren't filled with water! I carefully eased out of the sleeping bag, making sure I didn't pop any of the balloons, and crawled out of the tent.

Nate, Tony, and Lizzie were all laughing so hard they probably couldn't breathe. "You assholes are SO lucky that all of my stuff was packed!" They just laughed harder. Thank God I had packed everything in a waterproof bag last night, rather than procrastinating and doing it right before we left! All of my stuff was in an orange bag, propped up my a tree a few feet away from my tent.

"Good morning, Mickey!" Tony said sarcastically between laughs.

Ignoring him, I stormed off to get clothes from my bag. I picked out some simple jean capris and a lime green spaghetti strap. "I'm changing in your tent, Nate!" I said, but they were laughing too hard to hear me.

Once I got in there, I smiled evily to myself. Nate's phone was on the floor right next to his rolled up sleeping bag.

Payback's a bitch.

As I got dressed, I tried to think of what I could do with it. There were so many ideas running through my head at once. Ah, the wonders of technology.

By the time I was dressed, I had the perfect plan. I hid his phone in my bra, between my boobs so it wouldn't show through the shirt, and walked out of the tent, acting like I was still mad. It was really hard to keep the malicious grin off my face.

"Aww, cmon Mickey!" Nate pleaded, still trying to smother his laughs. "I was just getting you back for the snake thing!"

"Don't talk to me, Nathan!"

Before he could respond or I could start laughing, I grabbed my phone from my bag and walked quickly in the woods. They wouldn't follow me, I knew, because A) it was morning, and B) they know that if I'm upset, I get over it in just a few minutes.

I walked for a while before I found a boulder, and sat on it. Nate's phone was locked, unfortunately, and I tried about twenty different 3-digit codes before I figured out that it was the most obvious one. 405 (April 05), his birthday. Go figure.

After going through his ringtones and texts and realizing that there was nothing interesting, I turned his Bluetooth on, and then mine, and sent him 'Baby Got Back'. Don't ask me why I had that song on my phone to begin with.

"Why are you smiling like that?" a voice said while the song was still transfering.

Surprised, I gasped and jumped guiltily. "Hunter! Don't fucking do that!" I said, scowling at him.