I don't see dead people . . . Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Mickey's POV

We walked back in a comfortable silence. When we got back, Elizabeth, Victoria, Antonio, Eddie, Derek, and Maria were there. Derek looked pissed. He started yelling at Nate. "I said one hour. You left at about 7:25 it's now"- he checked his watch -"10:18. Three goddamn hours. What the fuck were you both doing?!!"

"You wouldn't believe us if we told you," I said.

"And you, you've been gone for more than 5 hours. Care to explain?!"

"Okay, sure. There was a mountain lion following Maria so I sent her alone so I could distract him. Then I had a seizure and when I woke up, the cat was there, staring at me. Nate got there and we were playing with it, then we realized what time it was and left."

He got even more pissed. "This isn't funny! Be serious for once!"

"I told you that you wouldn't believe me. Didn't I say he wouldn't believe me?" I asked Nate.

"Yup."

"I'm supposed to believe you ran into a fucking mountain lion, that didn't eat you, and played with it for a few hours."

I shrugged. "We didn't believe it either. I named it Racer."

"Unbe-fucking-lievable," he cursed. Everyone else was just staring at us in shock. "Do you swear you're telling the truth?"

"Dude, I fucking pinky swear," said Nate.

"Wow. Not just a pinky swear but a fucking pinky swear. That's, like, twice as important," I said.

"So you just left? It didn't follow you?"

"Well, Mickey got him to leave first. She told him to make her some grand kittens and it jet."

Everyone laughed. "That's weird, I always thought you were part bitch, not part cat," Trevor said, coming out of the woods with Evan. Trevor and I insulted each other constantly then used the same insults on other people we didn't like. We didn't hate each other, though. Actually, it was kind of fun. Yeah, we had a fucked up relationship. "Derek sent us to go look for you guys."

"I'm not related to your mom, and you found us. Wow, you're good. Who's gonna go take Maria to the police station or whatever to find her parents?"

"How about the girls go?" Eddie suggested. Eddie was built like a bodybuilder. His hair was very short light brown and he was huge, all muscle.

"Oh, sure, because since we're girls, we'll know how to take care of a kid better," said Tori. Victoria was the feminist/vegetarian in our group. She was about 5'3" and never wore makeup or a bra, but she was pretty and kind of flat-chested, so it didn't really matter. I knew she was just messing with him, but he couldn't tell.

"I didn't mean it like that! I just thought Maria would be more comfortable with girls."

"Uh huh, sure, make excuses now."

I laughed. "Okay, how about I go with Lizzie and Nate?"

Elizabeth shrugged. "Fine with me. Nate?"

"Sure."

"I think we should get her cleaned up a little bit first," I said. Her hair and clothes were filthy.

"Oh! I have this long shirt that'll fit her like a dress." Tori ran in her tent to get it. Maria was looking around at everyone a little bit confused.

"How about I show you who everyone is?" I asked her. Maria nodded, and we sat on a log together. I pointed at Nate, who was standing right next to us, "This is Nathan, but we call him Nate," he waved. "The black haired girl with the neon green skinny jeans is Elizabeth, just call her Lizzie. That Italian guy with the black hair is Tony, its short for Antonio. The girl who just went in the tent is Victoria, Tori for short. That giant over there is Eddie. The kind of scary looking kid with the black hair and the piercings is Evan, and the blonde guy with the blue eyes is Trevor. The blonde that was yelling at me and Nate before is Derek, and I'm Michelle, but everyone calls me Mickey."