1946

In the next month that passed Victorie had to come up with a believable excuse as to why she won't be around. Hermione, Ron, and Harry were told that she had some personal family things to deal with and the rest of the school will think she's just sick. Victorie waited closer to when potion was ready to tell them, otherwise it would look strange if she didn't leave until a month later. On the night it was supposed to happen she said goodbye to all of her friends and headed up to Professor Dumbledore's office.

When Victorie reached his study she opened the door and walked in, Professor Snape was also there. "I would like to go over plans with you one last time, please sit Victorie." Dumbledore said with the slightest sound hope in his voice that she might have changed her mind.

"This is very important you do exactly as I say. When you first arrive there don't go for Tom at first, it will look to suspicious I want you to let him come to you. When and if you can, become somewhat of friends with Tom get him to trust you, it's very important that he does. After that bring up something about wanting to gain power too, mention the Wishing Well then go to another topic like it wasn't that big of a deal. If you can try to make Tom believe you admire him. Don't let him look into your mind whatever you do, use the Occlumency Professor Snape taught you this past month. And the most important thing you need to remember is that you have exactly one year, no more to get your information that second potion will only last one year. If a year from now tonight you don't take that potion you will stuck in that world forever. Do you understand that?"

"Yes, sir." Victorie stated making sure she remembered all that. "And more thing, are you absolutely positive you want to do this?" Dumbledore asked with the hint of uncertainty in his voice. "One hundred percent." She said confidently. "Very well then, once you take this potion you will be in the castle during the time of the arrival. Find Professor Dipett, the headmaster of that time's office. You will be sorted there. Now you must let the sorting hat know exactly why your there so it will place you in Slytherin. Here are all the papers you will need to explain who you are and why you there. You will use the fake last name of Stevens, not most creative work I admit, but no one will suspect anything." Dumbledore stated handing her the two potions. "I have also made a small batch of Liquid Luck . You will only be able to use it once so make sure it's at the right time and don't forget since you will be traveling back in time the affects won't last as long as they would here." Professor Snape said handing her a vial. She nodded and took the top off of the first potion. She hesitated for only a moment before placing the vial to her lips and drank it.

Victorie felt like her whole body was on fire, her vision was blurry and she felt very dizzy and sick to her stomach. It was like her body was being pulled apart. Everything went black for what felt like eternity and then she landed in front of the Great hall. She doubled over clutching her stomach, still feeling like she was going to be sick. "Are you okay dear?" she heard a raspy voice say from behind her. Victorie stood up to see Professor Slughorn. "Uh, yeah I just fell. I'm rather clumsy." She said trying to make it sound realistic. "Are you new here?" He asked her curiously. "Yes. I'm meant to start my 6th year, I was told to go to Headmaster Dipett's office to be sorted."

"Ah yes, I'm assuming you don't know where it is? Come on I'll show you to it." Slughorn said leading the way. Victorie still felt a little uneasy from the potions but ignored it. She followed Professor Slughorn even though she did in fact know the way. When they got there he said the password and Victorie went up the spiral staircase that led to the headmaster's office. She knocked on the door to be greeted by who must have been Professor Dipett. She told him who she was and handed him the papers Dumbledore had given her.

"Ah yes I see, well the sorting hat is down in the Great hall at the moment where I must be going to. But if you would please wait up here until after the ceremony then I shall return and we'll get you sorted." Dipett said leaving the office.

Victorie sat looking around at the room. Just moments ago she was in Dumbledore's office almost 55 years later. This whole plan was starting to seem very stupid to her at the moment. Tom Riddle was said to be a monster even at 16 so how could she possibly get him to talk to her, let alone trust her? But she remembered the Liquid Luck, and what Snape said. Victorie knew she couldn't use it anytime soon because she would need it while asking about the Wishing Well.

A while later Professor Dipett came back up with the sorting hat. He placed the sorting hat on her head and Victorie began to think about everything she had to do pleading in her mind to be put in Slytherin. I have to become friends with Tom Riddle she thought before the hat finally screeched out "SLYTHERIN!" letting out a sigh of relief she knew being in Slytherin is a start at getting on Voldemort's good side, if he had one that is.

"Ah, well your robes and school uniform will be placed in you dorms along with your things. I'll have our Slytherin prefect show you to the common room, wait here." He said leaving for a moment.

Then Victorie thought about what Dipett said, your things. He hadn't brought anything with her. Just then her thoughts were interrupted by Professor Dipett walking back in with a boy who looked to be her age. He was tall and very handsome. "This is Victorie Stevens, she's new here. Victorie, this is Tom Riddle."

Victorie nearly fell out of the seat. Had she really just called Tom Riddle handsome? "It's a pleasure to meet you, Victorie." He said clearly just saying it because the Headmaster was there. "You too" She said flashing him a smile. "If you would please show Miss Stevens to the Slytherin common room?" Professor Dipett said. "Of course sir," he said to Professor Dipett. "Follow me." he added to Victorie.

As soon as they left Professor Dipett's office Tom's face fell to a cold evil glare. She wanted to say something to him but then remembered what Professor Dumbledore said don't go for Tom at first, let him come to you. Victorie walked fast behind him trying to keep up as they headed down to the dungeons. "You better not forget the way because I won't show you it again, understand?" Tom said when they got to the common room. She nodded and he said the password. "The girls dorms are that way, find the one with your name on it I'm assuming you know how to read." He said stalking off to the boys dorms. "Goodnight to you too." She mumbled under her breath as she walked to find where she'll be sleeping.

Victorie noticed that her trunk and cloths were there. But how is that possible? She had not brought them with her and she was from the future. Decided it had to be something to do with Dumbledore she plopped down on the empty bed not bothering to change and tried to go to sleep.

Victorie kept thinking about Tom Riddle and the fact if she didn't know any better, she wouldn't have guessed that someone who looked that good could turn into someone so evil and well frankly hideous. She stifled a laugh at her thoughts and finally forced herself to go to sleep.