Hymn Of The Broken Hearted

Alphards' POV

Alphard had thought Victorie to be extremely stupid. Did she really think Tom loved her? But then again, he could hardly judge. It wasn't long ago that Tom had him fooled just the same. He uses people to reach his own goals and then disposes of them. Alphard had been certain Tom intentions with Victorie were no different.

Tom had befriended Alphard not long after they came to Hogwarts and for a couple years they were inseparable. Well, in private at least. Tom used the same excuse for years; he didn't want people to think he even had friends because sentiment makes you weak. It wasn't until their fourth year that Tom gave Alphard another reason. Tom had told him he wanted more than friendship, that over the years he had developed stronger feeling for his him.

Alphard was not that way. Unlike in the muggle world such relations were pretty common and accepted but Alphard had never felt anything towards men before. He had never felt anything towards a girl though either. Tom seemed to be his exception. During all four years at Hogwarts Tom had been his only friend, he didn't even try to talk to other people. It wasn't until Tom admitted his feelings for Alphard did he realise that what they had was more than a friendship.

Every time he thought back to that he had a strong urge to want to punch his younger self in the face. How they hell could one be so damn clueless? He would wonder. Tom had made Alphard believe that he cared for him but in reality Tom only wanted to use his ability. Alphard could control minds without the use of magic. He didn't need spells or potions or even a wand, only his mind. Alphard could make someone do something and there would be no indication that it wasn't of their own free will. It was a skill desired by many, Tom included.

Tom and Alphard had become extremely close in the months that followed Tom's "confession." Tom had asked if Alphard was willing to use his skill to help Tom. In return Tom would share the power they attained. But eventually, Alphard had grown suspicious of Tom. He started asking questions and refusing to help him. One night in the midst of an argument Alphard kissed Tom. There was no denying that he had fallen in the love with Tom Riddle. He was not shown any affection in return. Tom had shoved him off and punched him in the face. Alphard was completely broken.

Tom told him that he never had feelings for him and that Alphard was an idiot. After that, Tom had made his life hell. Alphard left school it got so bad. But he had sworn the day he left he would come back one day to get his revenge on Tom Riddle. And after he saw what Tom was doing to another innocent person he knew it had to be soon.

Victorie was the missing piece in his puzzle. It would be her to help Alphard destroy Tom. He just had to make her see the truth.

Victorie's POV

Victorie woke up the next morning to find Tom still laying beside her. They had went to the room of requirement again instead of going to separate dormitories. She had expected him to be gone like he was the previous morning and was happy to see that he hadn't left. Tom woke up a few minutes after her when she had started stirring. "Why are you getting dressed?" He asked. "We have classes this morning."

"We're feeling ill." Tom said with a grin on his face. He pulled her back down to the floor causing her to land on top of him. "You're a very bad influence." Victorie told Tom. She couldn't stop smiling. "The worst." He crashed his lips onto hers and tangled his fingers into her hair slightly pulling. "Shouldn't we be planning for next week?" Victorie asked while catching her breath. "I've already got it covered. All you'll need to do is be strong. I know you'll make it to the well, in your dreams you always succeeded." Tom told her pulling her face back down to his. Victorie hadn't had any more dreams about the obstacles to the well in months. But even so, she trusted Tom entirely. If he believed she could do it then so did she.