Lets Watch the World Burn

Victorie's POV

Victorie had woken up in the room of requirements completely alone. She picked her clothes up from the floor and hastily put them on. She ran her fingers through her hair trying to look somewhat put together. Victorie left the room of requirements and headed back to the Slytherin common room.

When she walked in several heads turned to stare as she went by, giving her questionable looks. Victorie ignored them and continued up to her room. She realised why they were all staring when she looked in the mirror. From her jawline down to her collar bone there was a line of bruises and bite marks. Victorie hadn't realised Tom had been that aggressive with her, she had been completely caught up in the moment. Several spells could remove all evidence of the previous night but in a way, Victorie liked them.  She smiled at the mirror before changing into her school uniform.

Tom's POV

Tom was extremely dismantled from the previous night. Never had he allowed himself to connect so intimately with someone. This unknown feeling was plaguing his mind. What was it about this girl? Tom had left immediately after he had woken up that morning and ran to his room to clear his head.

Nothing worked.

Tom tried to focus on his plans with the next Horcrux, the wishing well, making himself immortal and the most powerful wizard in the world. But he couldn't think of anything except what he had done the previous night. The way her skin felt, the sounds that escaped her mouth, her beautiful faced painted in pleasure.

Tom knew perfectly well he couldn't have those feelings. Sentiment destroys power, and power meant more than anything. He had offer to share his power with Victorie, rule the world together. He was completely torn. Tom knew the only logical thing to do would be to eliminate the problem, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Tom had begun to think Victorie had put some sort of spell on him or slipped him a love potion. His mind was filled with madness and unsure thoughts. This girl was sure to be his ruin.

Tom had decided to stay away from Victorie for a while to clear his head and put all of his efforts into his plan to immortalise himself. And to do that he would need to clear up the last remaining aspect of his past. That night Tom had planned to return to the orphanage that resided at for many years until coming to Hogwarts and he would reduce it to ash.

Victorie's POV

Victorie had not seen Tom all day. She feared he was avoiding her after what had transpired the previous night. However, as much as she'd wanted to find Tom there were other more pressing matters for her to deal with.

When she returned to her room there was a note lying on her bed. Forbidden forest - midnight. Don't be late. Victorie didn't have the slightest clue on who could've left this for her. She had known for certain it wasn't Tom, his writing would never be as messy as the one on the note. There were a million reasons why she should not go, but her frustrations from the day and overall boredom had clouded all reasonable thoughts from her brain.

At midnight she made her way out of the castle and into the forest trudging through the muck caused by the downpour. The dark clouds hid the moon shadowing all the light. Victorie walked deep into the forest but saw no sign of anyone. Just as she had been about to turn and go back to the castle she heard a low growl. "Lumos." She held her wand out and moved slowly toward the sound. As she grew closer the growl had begun to fade away. Victorie put her wand away and stood silent.

A hand clasped around her throat and shoved her to the ground. She kicked and clawed at the body now on top of her but it was no use, she was wildly overpowered. She looked up and was met with bright green eyes, she knew immediately why they were familiar. The wolf her and Tom encountered on their trip into the forest has the exact same eyes. "You're the animagus." Victorie said, her voice strained from the mans strong grip on her throat. "You remember me, I'm flattered." His grip on her loosened. "What do you want?" She asked. "I want to see Tom Riddle dead. And you're trying to make that very difficult for me, aren't you?"

Victorie was speechless. When she didn't say anything, he continued. "I've been waiting years for this. Planned everything down to the last detail. You see, Riddle didn't know I had magic too back in Wool's orphanage. Not until we both came to Hogwarts at least. I tried befriending Tom, but he was cruel and hateful. I was kicked out of Hogwarts two years ago because of him. He ruined my life, and I intend to return the favour to him."

The stranger had finally gotten off of her and stood up. "What does any of that have to do with me?" Victorie asked picking herself up. "Everything. Did you really think you could come into the past, start altering the future, and no one would know? Go back where you belong before you cause any more damage." He told her and began walking away. "Wait!" She called out. "Who are you?"

"Alphard Black."

****

The Daily Prophet had everyone in an uproar. Wool's orphanage and been blown up and sorcery seemed to be at fault. Victorie recognised the name of the place immediately, it was the the one Tom and her strange visitor from the previous night had attended. Over 30 children had died in the explosion. Tom had been gone all day yesterday and Victorie believed he was behind it.

She walked out of the Great hall and made her way to the common room. The events of last night still playing on her mind. Once she had returned to the castle she tried to get all the information she could on Black but there was hardly anything of use. He attended Hogwarts up until his fourth year when he left the school. Alphard had told Victorie he had been kicked out because of Tom but there was no information beyond that. He had been a model student here never causing trouble.

Victorie had almost made it to the common room when she spotted Tom. "It was you wasn't it?" She asked. Tom smiled and held out his wand. "It needed to be done." He said. His expression changed the longer he looked at her. "What are you doing?" Tom's hand was shaking and looked extremely unsure of himself. "Bloody hell." Tom dropped his wand and closed the space between the two of them shoving her hard into the castle wall. His lips crashed on to hers in a furious passion. He kissed her as if the world was ending and this would be their last.

Victorie was unsure what brought this on but she didn't care. She kissed him until she was left breathless. When their kiss ended he didn't let go of her. "You're going to destroy me." Tom whispered. He said it with such excitement and wonder that it confused her. "But I don't care. I tried to bring myself to be rid of you but I just can't. I don't want to. What in Merlins name have you done to me?"

"Are you alright?" She asked, beginning to think he may have had too much Firewhisky or something. "I've never been better. Everything is going as planned. Next week we will go to Wishing Well." Victorie did not expect him to say that. They were far from being ready. The earliest she had thought would be a month, and Tom wanted to go next week. "We're ready. You're ready. I'm sure if it."

"Then we will go next week. But there is something I need to tell you. Last night I received a note to go to the forbidden forest so I went. Apparently an old acquaintance of yours wants to kill you. He said his name was Alphard Black." Victorie told him. Tom starting laughing. "I've wondered when he would show his face again. I used him and discarded him the minute I was done. I see he's still bitter. Shame, he would make a good recruit for us. Perhaps we will be able to persuade him." Tom said a smirk appearing on his face. "He knows about me, Tom. He knows the truth." She said appalled at his reaction. "He's no threat to us. Actually he could be of some use. Alphard has a special ability that could prove invaluable and I don't mean turning into a wolf."

Tom saw the questioning look on her face and shook his head. "A conversation for another time. For now let's focus on what's important, we will become the most powerful beings in the whole world. And together we will watch it burn."

Present time

Albus Dumbledore was dead. The whole school was in mourning. The darkest hour was upon them.

Harry Potter was fully aware of how much now rested on his shoulders. He would find a way to rescue Victorie and he would avenge Professor Dumbledore. It was time everyone knew the truth. Harry would tell everyone where Victorie was and what she was doing. It would instil chaos, but it had to be done.