Chapter 26: A New Day

The group found the boys inside of a walled off room. It was encased in a thick, extremely clear glass plating.

"Don't worry about them breaking anything. That glass is harder than diamonds, titanium and platinum plating on both sides. A few feet thick." Rose said. Nightshade and Jaden were inside. Jaden was cracking his hands and back. While Nightshade had taken a fighting stance, his right arm was relaxed across his chest, while his left arm was dangling and waving hypnotically, keeping a constant speed and movement. Jaden had his hands close to his chest, balled into fists, his left leg was extended straight out infront of him, with his right leg bent back for support.

"You ready Jay!" Nightshade yelled.

"Always."

"Well then..." Nightshade's body flashed and his body was engulfed in a faint gray aura. "Let's move!" He lunged toward Jaden swinging his right arm, keeping his left one dangling. Jaden jumped back, but realized he wasn't trying to hit him, he was trying to scare him. He landed and immediately dropped to the floor, ducking right under Nightshade' swinging arm. He grabbed it and threw him over his shoulder, Nightshade landed on the wall using his legs, he pushed himself off the wall launching his body at Jaden. He landed right beside him and kicked off the ground, ramming his fist into his side. Jaden took the hit and slammed his own hand down into Nightshade's back.

The two boys traded blow for blow while the other watched in awe. Rose and Mysta were enjoying the show, with Alexis enjoying seeing Jaden enjoy himself in other ways.

"Alright...Let's change it up!" Nightshade yelled. His eyes flashed and he vanished. Jaden scowled.

"Oh come on! Scared!" He taunted. He could hear Nightshade scream from somewhere. A various amount of small purple-ish portals open around the training area. A dark light shot out of each portal, connecting them with the other.

"Let's see if you can handle this!" Nightshade yelled. He started to dash through the portals, with each appearance he got faster and faster, becoming a faint gray blur along with the other lights. Jaden's eyes were trying to follow Nightshade. He started to lose track of him and couldn't keep up.

"Now's my chance" Nightshade lunged out of the portal to hit Jaden and vanished back into another portal. He kept doing this, speeding up with each hit to keep Jaden off guard.

"He's really getting vicious now..." Alexis began.

"Don't worry, he's only using his hands, his claws aren't out." Rose said.

"Alright, this is getting old!" Jaden thought. He caught Nightshade's legs and threw him, making sure to throw an energy ball towards him. Nightshade flipped his body over, barely dodging the hit. He landed on the ground and his eyes flashed, closing the portals.

"Seems you finally got a hang of that old trick...Now lets see if you can handle a new one." Nightshade tensed his body and placed his hands on his chest. He yelled and threw his arms in front of him, creating another copy of himself. It had the same body figure as Nightshade, but it was only glowing a light gray color. "You can handle one of me...But can you handle two?" Both Nightshade and his copy charged alongside each other. When Nightshade went for an attack, the copy would mirror his movement, hitting the opposite side of Jaden. He tried to dodge the hit coming from one of the attackers, but the other would be able to land something.

"Enough!" Jaden shouted. His body flashed a dark black, his armor began to form around his body. In his hand he held a black sword and shield. He pointed the tip of the blade towards the copy. "Your finished!" He charged towards it and slashes through it, the light it was made out of dispersed. The same mark appeared on Nightshade's chest, he winced in pain.