Chapter 17: Please Come Back

Nightshade had his prismatic, multicolored wings opened and was currently flying in the air. He didn't know or ware where he was going, he just had to get away from the island. Millennia appeared beside him, floating next to Nightshade as he was flying in the air.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing, there just scared of what you make me..."

"Why? They know I won't hurt them anymore...right?"

"Not exactly. Once everyone did recover from 'The Incident', they never wanted to hear about you again."

"I caused that much pain?" Millennia asked in a saddened tone.

"You almost killed the rebellion. The whole squad was hurt and injured because of that fight."

"So they don't know you can control me now."

"Exactly, that's my Mecha was so upset. He thought I was making a reckless move just to win a stupid duel."

"Then why are you the one flying away?"

"Because I need to think about how to explain this to everyone. Even Jaden had that worried look in his eyes."

"They won't understand...will they."

"Probably not. They're still scared."

"So when are you going back?

"I don't know... When I have answer."

"There's a little island to your right, stop off there. Give yourself some time to think."

"Alright."

Nightshade tilted his wings to the right and slowly began to swoop down to the small island. It was vacant, no people or man made structures. Just some trees, dirt and sand. Nightshade landed gently on the sand, the small waves crashing gently on the shore. He laid down in the sand and Millennia was next to him. He was basically a duel spirit to Nightshade, he can be scene to the rest of the world if he wants. Nightshade took in a deep breath and sighed, his hands behind his head and his left leg crossed over his right leg, which was bent on the sand.

"So...what are you gonna tell them?" Millennia asked.

"I don't know. I don't know..." He trailed off once he finished his sentence, falling asleep on the sand.

"Must be tired from handling energy my again." Millennia began. "I hope you think of something..." Millennia then faded out into the air, leaving Nightshade sleeping in the sand.

BACK ON THE ISLAND

Jaden was laying next to his cliff, he stopped thinking about Shadow, the thoughts were making him angry. He let out a deep sigh and tried to relax himself, it wasn't working.

"Damn it... Why now? Everything was going great, but 'you' had to show up and ruin it..." Jaden thought. "I need a way to stop him, in case Nightshade can't hold him down..." Jaden then tried to think of ideas, someway to keep Shadow down if Nightshade couldn't. He had nothing, his thoughts were interrupted by light footsteps heading his way. He turn his head to see Alexis.

"Are you okay Jay?" She said quietly. Jaden looked back and nodded, motioning for Alexis to join him, she sat down next to him.

"Is Rose okay?" Jaden asked.

"She stopped crying. But now she's just curled up on the couch..."

"At least she stopped crying... Did anyone find Nightshade yet."