Chapter 14: The Morning After

Jaden awoke to the faint sound of something sizzling. He rolled over to look at the clock on the wall, it was only 6 in the morning. He looked down at Alexis to see she saw still sleeping, snoring lightly with a faint blush covering her cheeks. He smiled and kissed her lips gently, she smiled but didn't wake up. Jaden got out of bed quietly and his pants back on, he couldn't find his shirt so he just left the room without on. He walked down the stairs and could hear the sizzling coming from the kitchen. He entered to see Nightshade standing in front of the stove cooking something, he was wearing loose, baggy sweatpants and a tank-top. 

"Morning Jaden. You hungry?" Nightshade asked, gesturing down to the food he was cooking.

"What're you making?" Jaden asked.

"Eggs, bacon and pancakes."

"Alright, gimme a plate."

"What's the magic word?" Nightshade teased.

"Now." Jaden answered.

"Close enough." Nightshade took a plate from the cupboard and poured the fried eggs and bacon onto it. He then walked over and grabbed a bowl off the counter, pouring the contents into the pan.

"Here's the eggs and bacon." Nightshade said, handing Jaden the plate, he sat down at the counter near the kitchen's entrance so he could still talk to Nightshade. "Pancakes'll be ready in a few."

""Is anyone else awake."

"Do you see anyone else down here?"

"Whatever Nighty." Jaden teased. Nightshade got a little grin on his face as he glanced towards Jaden.

"Did you and Alexis have fun last night?" He asked. Jaden froze, his place of orange juice right under his mouth.

"Wha-What do you mean?" Jaden asked nervously. 

"I could hear you two through the walls. I'm surprised, Alexis was really getting into it. I'm proud of you." Nightshade said.

"I hate you." Jaden answered, his face flushed red.

"Come on. I'm only teasin' ya'. Now bring your plate over here, pancakes are done." Jaden walked back over to the stove to see 3 different kinds of pancakes in the pan, plain, chocolate and blueberry.

"Jeez dude. Where'd you get all this?"

"I made a quick trip to the grocery store this morning."

"How'd you leave without Rose knowing."

"She's still sound asleep after last night. She got a little jealous of Alexis having all the fun... If you know what I mean." Nightshade said.

"I think I hate you even more now." Jaden responded jokingly.

"Whatever dude. Go eat your breakfast. I still got make more for when everyone else wakes up." Nightshade said. The two of them were silent, Jaden eating his food and Nightshade making more for the rest of the gang. Jaden finished only minutes after being handed the food.

"Got any more?" Jaden asked. He could hear Nightshade sigh from the kitchen.

"You can have more once everyone's awake. Ok?" Nightshade said. Jaden frowned and sighed, but listened.

"I'm gonna check on Alexis." Jaden said, standing up from his seat.

"K." Nightshade replied.

Jaden walked up the stairs and saw the door to the room Alexis was sleeping in, it was open. "Weird" He thought to himself. "I could've swore I closed that." He walked to the door and gently pushed it open. The sight he saw made his eyes widen, he bolted down the stairs to Nightshade. He ran up behind him and started shaking his shoulders.