Chapter 22: Awaken the Nights

Nightshade, Rose and Alexis were still sitting against the wall. Rose had her head leaning on Nightshade's shoulder, and Alexis was still stroking Jaden's hair while his head rested in her lap. Rose slowly began to fall over, her head sliding down Nightshade's arm. He caught her head, she had fallen asleep. He gently picked her up and placed her body in his lap, she curled up and rested her head against his chest. He smiled, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. The sun had just started setting, basking the ocean in a reddish, orange hue. 

"I could get used to this..." He said quietly, no one could hear him. He didn't intend for anyone to hear, he just needed to say it.

SCENE CHANGE

 Atticus was still storming around the boat, angry at Jaden.

"How could he...how could he!" He yelled. 

"Why don't we teach him a lesson..." A voice in his head said.

"Nightshroud..." Atticus said. 

"Oh come on. He went behind your back and took advantage of your little sister...Don't you think he needs to be punished...All you have to do...is embrace the darkness."

Nightshroud's words were getting to Atticus. A sinister smile formed on his face. "Why not?" A dark aura began encasing Atticus's body. Nightshroud had taken control, his signature mask appearing over his face.

"Finally!" He said with a sinister voice. "Now...Time to pay back an old...'friend'." 

SCENE CHANGE

Both Jaden and Rose were still sleeping. Nightshade was beginning to get tired himself, until he felt a dark energy surge coming from the boat. He sat up a bit, his eyes and ears began to concentrate on the surrounding area, he could hear footsteps coming towards them. He moved Rose off of himself, she woke up, rubbing her eyes.

"What's wrong Nighty..." She said, her voice was slow and groggy.

"Something's coming...Something Dark..." He said. Alexis gasped.

"Nightshroud..." She said quietly. She looked down at Jaden. "Oh no...Atticus...You didn't!?" She thought. 

"Jay! Wake up!" She began to shake Jaden, he quickly woke up.

"What's wrong?" He said, confused and tired.

"It's Nightshroud!" She yelled. He quickly shot up onto his feet. Nightshade was still focused on the sounds, he could hear the footsteps getting closer, the energy growing with each step. Around the corner stood Nightshroud, his body encased in a dark aura.

"Well, well, well. Seems I've finally found you Jaden." He said with a menacing look in his eyes.

"What did you do to Atticus!?" Alexis yelled.

"Oh, you think this was my doing." He began. "Atticus was the one that let me out."

Alexis was stunned. "Liar!" She yelled. "There's no way he'd let you out."

"He feels someone needs to be punish for their wrongdoings." His eyes shot to Jaden. He gulped in response. Nightshade began walking towards Nightshade.

"What makes you think this is a good idea? There's 4 of us, and 1 of you." He said in a deep, serious tone. Nightshroud began to chuckle.

"I know you..." He said.

"And I don't know you." Nightshade shot back.

"I watched your sister die..." Nightshroud said slowly. Nightshade's head began to twitch.