Chapter 4

We talked for a little bit longer, until the photographers began complaining about how he wasn't ready yet.  And Soo Min pretty much forced him out of my office so I could continue on my work. I was actually thinking about going in after him, and watching the shoot, but I figured that the photographers would just kick me out, and say that 'I'm a distraction'.

I would like to be able to say that I wasn't distracted by him anyways. I wasn't usually the type of person to get distracted from my work, especially not by a celebrity- or a man in general.

Part of me was glad that I was distracted by something besides work, but there was a bigger part of me that was stressed with all of the time I was waisting thinking about him.

I tried to start back up on my work, but I couldn't think straight. I would get started on something and then my mind would somehow get trailed off in an entirely different direction. Eventually, I gave up on trying to work and just sat in my office, waiting for Seung Hyun's shoot to get done so he would come and get me. I was positive that once he took me out to lunch that my mind would go back to normal and I could get something done.

So I sat in my office, spinning around in my leather chair, watching the ceiling as I waited for him. But it felt like forever, and every time I looked up at my clock, it read that another hour had gone by, then another, and another. I found myself waiting four hours before there was signs of anyone coming to see me.

I jumped at the beep of my office phone right before Soo Min's voice. "Hello, Miss Khamphoey?" For a moment, I found myself getting excited, but then she went on to say, "The new photographer is here for you, Kim Sung."

My heartbeat dropped, but instantly went back up when I realized that I couldn't remember what it was I was supposed to assign to him or even where I should send him for any information. My mind had gone completely blank.

I quickly got up out of my chair and began rummaging through all of the papers and other trash that was laying in a very unorganized fashion all over my desk, looking for the papers I was meant to give to him. I couldn't remember anything- and to think I had this all under control before Seung Hyun came in and distracted me from everything that is actually important.

It took a couple of moments before I found the papers, along with an envelope that I was to give to the new photographer. I quickly skimmed through the paper to reassemble myself on what to do.

"Miss Khamphoey?" Soo Min now sounded cautious.

"Um, yes." I answered slowly, trying to remember what I would normally say about now. "Send him in, thanks."

There was another beep showing that the line between Soo Min and I had been cut off and then my office door opened. I began frantically moving things around on my desk and figuring out what went with what.  As I organized everything into piles, the young man walked in and glanced around the room, taking it all in.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Kim Sung." I greeted him, standing up so that I would be eye level with him. "I'm Kiann Khamphouey. So you're the rookie photographer."

His slightly scared expression turned into a smile, and he looked down at the ground in embarrassment. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Don't worry about it. We always give the new people a hard time at first, but it's not because we don't like you, we really do appreciate the help. So welcome to the headquarters."

"Oh yeah. Someone told me about the whole 'headquarters' thing. Sounds pretty cool."

"Old habits die hard. Well, anyways, I've got a note for you from the head photographer. He's working on a cover shoot right now, but he'll talk a little later." I paused, to hand him the envelope, then I held the loose sheet up to my eye level so that I could scan it over for a floor level he should go to. " For now, you can go to level nine, room nine twenty-six. I believe that's where the photo shoot is going on right now. I guess he wants you to watch or something."

I highlighted the level and room number before handing him the loose sheet as well.

"Thanks." He said, looking down at the paper, then back up at me.

"No problem. Remember my room number if you ever need help with something." I added.

He replied with a small nod, and then he left my office. I plopped myself back down in my leather chair and waited for a few minutes in stillness, waiting for anymore calls from Soo Min. When no other beeps came through, I slowly sat up from my slumped down position and began going through the things on my desk more thoroughly.

After I was done organizing everything I looked up at the clock again. It read two o' clock. I sighed rather loudly to myself, then my head flicked up from where it was resting on my leather chair when I heard an all to familiar sound- the sound of my stomach rumbling. It had to of been too late to eat lunch now. Then I thought of the worst case scenario.

Maybe he had forgotten entirely.

I didn't even want to think about that. He seemed like too nice of a guy to do something like that anyway. But then I guess most men might seem that way at first.

But what bothered me most about the thought was that I had waisted so much time waiting for him, that I could have been focused on work.

Again, I didn't want to even consider that.

Finally, I stood up from my chair after another half an hour of waiting, and went back out of my office door.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to get a snack." I explained to Soo Min as I walked past her desk. She only nodded and continued to work on her computer.

I went to the elevator and pressed the down button, then I stood and waited. The beeping sound of the elevator reaching my floor sounded like heaven I was so hungry. The doors opened and I ran inside, and raced to press the button that would bring me down to the ground floor.

When I finally reached the bottom floor, I ran back out of the elevator, and to the front desk where Muri was sitting.

"Hey, Muri." I just noticed how exhausted my voice sounded, even though I really had no reason to be.

"Hey Kiann. Are you just now leaving for lunch?" She asked in surprise.

"Just going to get something small. I haven't been able to focus all day." I said, resting my head and my hands on the counter.

"I have some snacks here if you want some. A lot of fruit, sodas, little bags of all sorts of sugars and fats."

"Oh, that would be fabulous." I breathed.

Muri invited me behind her desk, and I got myself a soda along with a few fresh peaches, and a little bag of crackers. I took all of my snacks back up to my office and dug in as I began to try and get back to work once more.

The next hour and a half went past a lot quicker than the rest of the day had, since I had actually managed to get back to work on things.

While I was in the middle of figuring out the structure of a new page, I began hearing ruffled noises out by Soo Min's desk. I began trying to listen in.

"No, she's trying to work. Don't you-"

I was about to call Soo Min up when my office door suddenly opened.

___________________________________

A/N

Heyy. Sorry this chapter took so long. Been having writers block... we all get it at one point...

But anyway, I hope you all enjoyed.

~Sara