Chapter 5

I looked up from my laptop, and kicked my feet back off of where they had been resting on my desk. Seung Hyun closed the door cautiously behind him before he walked over to where I was sitting, and stood in front of my desk.

"Sorry I took so long. We got a little held back. I really hope you didn't wait for me to eat lunch." He looked very apologetic, and it made me happy. It meant that he wasn't just another douch bag after all.

"No, not at all. After two, I pretty much got the memo." I said truthfully.

One side of his lip curled up into an embarrassed smirk, and his eyes travelled to the ground. "Sorry. I guess that's just another favour I owe you."

"No!" I exclaimed, standing up with a little more valor than I had intended.

His eyes moved up to meet mine, and his smirk turned into a slight grin.

"I'm getting tired of you owing me all of these favours." My voice got a few degrees quieter. "Just... Pay off the first one for now."

"Okay..." He paused to walk over behind my desk where I was sitting and held out his hand. "Well then, Miss Khamphouey, would you like to accompany me while I go out to dinner as a favour?"

I smirked at his sudden gentleman-like manner.

"I would love to, Mr. Choi." I said, taking ahold of his hand lightly, playing along with his primness.

He stood me to my feet, and then let go of my hand, offering me his elbow. I slipped my hand underneath, grabbing lightly onto the crease in his elbow.

He led me effortlessly to my office door, and carefully detached my hand from his elbow only to open the door for me before he reattached himself to my side.

"I'll be stealing her for the rest of the night if you don't mind." He answered Soo Min's eyes, which were following the pair of them as they glided past her desk.

Once we got to the elevator, and the doors opened for us to walk inside I decided to comment on what he had said to Soo Min.

"The rest of the night?" I repeated his words to him.

"Well, when you say it like that." He laughed. "No... It's just that the place I'm taking you to looks better at night."

I tried to cover up the smile that was coming onto my face. He had been so smooth with words until now.

When he caught on to what I was doing, he spoke up again, "Oh, no. Again?" I could tell that the question was meant for himself. I let out a small laugh. "Sorry." He said, obviously embarrassed.

"Don't be." I laughed. "It's good to hear you slip up once in a while."

He looked up from the ground, his dark brown eyes narrowing in on me. "Slip up?"

"Yeah. I don't think I've heard you say anything wrong in any of the times that we've spoken."

"What is that, like twice?"

"Thrice." I corrected him, counting the conversation we were having before, in my office.

"Thrice?" He said, one side of his lip curling up into a smirk, as he looked up at me from under his hair.

"Is that just an American thing? Thrice?" I asked, answering his questioning look right before the doors to the elevator opened.

"That would make sense." He said. His questioning look had faded away.

I just realized, as he led the way out of the elevator, that our arms were still locked. I followed obediently out into the main entrance of the headquarters, and past Muri. She waved slightly, eyeing Seung Hyun as we exited the headquarters together.