Chapter 9

We continued talking about whatever came to our minds first. At one point we even googled 'random topics', and found some pretty interesting ones. We chatted back and forth for at least forty-five minutes before Seung Hyun realized the time. I had gotten so into our conversation that I didn't even realize that it was time for me to head to the headquarters. He escorted me out of the café and then we said goodbye and headed in our separate directions.

There were now people piling on top of one another in the streets, which I was used to, but I still sort of missed the peacefulness from earlier this morning. And then I thought about how I was going to have to go back to the headquarters and start back up on actual work. After the last few hours, I had totally forgotten that there was a real world. Too bad.

As soon as I left Seung Hyun's side I felt a sense of loneliness, which I very rarely felt, even though it was true. I was alone. I found myself missing the sound of his low, calming voice, and his deep brown doe eyes, which I absolutely hated for being so addictive. Why I felt this way, I had no idea. We were just unlikely friends, that's all. After a while I couldn't take the dull buzzing of the people around me. I took out my iPhone and began searching through my playlists, looking for BigBang, and then going straight for one of Seung Hyun's songs.

As the low droning of Seung Hyun's voice filled my head, I loosened up a little bit. It was amazing what a voice like his could do to your nerves. No matter how weird the song might've been.

I opened up the large, glass doors to the headquarters and walked in, only to be attacked by Muri before I was even close to the front desk.

"How was it?" She was obviously extremely excited about something, I just didn't quite know what. She had ahold of my elbows, and was inches from my face, glaring into my eyes.

"How was what, Muri?" I asked, keeping a softer tone of whisper than her failed attempt.

"Your date!" She jumped up and down slightly in eagerness.

"Date? Oh yeah. That." I still wasn't used to going on dates, and somehow I didn't quite believe the fact that I had actually gone on a date with one of South Korea's most known idols, next to Kwon Jiyong. It all still felt like a dream. "It was just a favour, Muri." I explained. I straightened myself out of our private huddle.

Her jaw dropped at my answer. "Are you serious? No details? No nothing?"

"There's not much to tell." I said as I began walking towards the elevators. Muri followed, taking twice as many steps as I was just to follow close behind me.

"Where'd you go?!"

"Um, he took me to Unamjeong." I said, a little more quietly now.

"Unamjeong!?" She yelped unbelievingly as her eyes widened.

"Shhhh!" I hissed, bringing my index finger to my lips urgently.

"Are you serious?!" She continued in a yell-whisper. "Are you sure this is a first date?" She smirked up at me deviously.

"Positive, Muri." I laughed. "Sorry to disappoint. I'll see you later, okay?"

She frowned. "Sure." She waved me off as I took one last glance at her before the elevator doors closed. I shook my head and laughed to myself. She couldn't seriously be that interested.

Once the elevator arrived at the editors floor I worked on I quickly stepped off. I didn't want to be late again because of Seung Hyun.

"Good morning, Soo Min." I smiled down at my busily working assistant.

"Good morning Miss Khamphouy." She returned the smile only for a second before continuing with her work.

I could tell by her unusually inquisitive expression that she too wanted to ask about last night, but she held back the urge. I was thankful. I didn't think I could handle any more questioning, like what Muri had just conveyed upon me. My heart rate was still aloft from the her sudden attack.