Chapter 8

I woke up to a pitch black room. I knew that I was in a bed, but I had no idea how I got there, or if it was even mine for that matter. It felt familiar, but it didn't want to fake myself out. I checked the bed for anyone around me. A flood of relief ran through me once I found that there was no one. Then I began squirming around, trying to find a way out of my completely tangled up sheets.

I must have been too close to the side of the bed, because it didn't take long for me to squirm my way to the side, and fall onto the hard floor. I hit my head on the wooden table that sat at the bedside. Yep, this was definitely my bedroom. How did I get in here? I don't remember telling Seung Hyun which apartment I lived in, and especially not which room.

I definitely felt safer now that I was sure of where I was. I untangled myself the rest of the way on the cold floor of my apartment, and clumsily found my way the light switch. My room was immediately lit, but it only triggered more questions in my head. In a way, I sort of hoped that this was all just a dream, but from after hitting my head on the table, I was positive that it wasn't.

It was a little after five in the morning. Earlier than I normally woke up, but I was fine with it. I figured it was probably my nerves still acting up from last night. Even though Seung Hyun was a total dork, he did know how to plan a pleasant date.

I held up my attempt to keep myself awake the best I could. The first thing I did, because it was so early, was take an extremely long, hot shower. After that I spent more than enough time making myself extremely dressed up, and pretty, because I had nothing better to do with all of this unusual spare time.

I fancied myself up starting with a plain, black shirt with jewels that looked as though they were raining down from the medium-low neck seam. I added a white pencil skirt that fitted my figure to right above my knees. I dried and straightened my long, wet hair and finished it off with a few natural looking curls on the ends.

By the time I was done with all of the extra fluff, it was six-thirty. I didn't know what time the café opened, but I decided that I had nothing better to do. I threw on a royal blue fitted work suit jacket, with black lining at the ends of the three quarter sleeves over my plain shirt, and headed out of my apartment.

It wasn't nearly as dark as I had expected it to be, which was good because it meant that I didn't have to call a cab. The morning summer air wasn't so bad either. I enjoyed my walk down to the café more than usual. There were still quite a few people that passed by here and there, but it wasn't nearly as crowded. I liked the rare peacefulness.

I took my time walking to the café, which was only a few blocks down from my apartment building. As I walked by, I looked through the window to make sure that it was open. I was relieved to find that it was, and I walked in to be greeted by the familiar little bell. The entire café was quiet, with only a few people scattered arbitrarily.

"Good morning, Kiann!" I saw Kwang-Sun wave happily at me from across the café where he was cleaning up the floors and high tables.

"'Morning Kwang-Sun." I smiled.

"You're here early."

"Couldn't sleep, so I decided to come bother you." I joked.

Kwang-Sun laughed, and then set down his mop, and moved behind the counter.

"The usual?"

"The usual." I recognized the low voice that came from behind me.

I turned around only to reveal the tall, fit, figure of Seung Hyun.

"If it isn't the idol T.O.P in the flesh." I said, genuinely surprised by his sudden appearance.

He gave me a slight half smile, and turned back to Kwang-Sun.