Chapter 7

Just then, a lady rolled open the door, and let herself in. She was much younger than the lady before, but still just as polite.

"Hello." She bowed. "Are you ready for me to take your orders?"

She watched both of us carefully, looking from Seung Hyun to me and then back to him again. She obviously recognized Seung Hyun, but didn't have the slightest idea who I was, or what I was doing with him. A celebrity with a random new girl- I'd say that was stare worthy.

"Yes please." Seung Hyun spoke up casually. "I'll be having the oxtail soup."

The lady nodded and then moved her gaze upon me. Seung Hyun began twiddling around with the menus, waiting for me to order.

"The Gae Hwa Oak, please." I answered and then turned back towards Seung Hyun.

"And we'll be having the two thousand and ten Domaine de l'A Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux along with the two thousand and ten Seghesio Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley Cortina." He added while passing the woman our menus.

She nodded again, and then hurried back out the door, and slid it shut quietly behind her. She was probably in a rush to go gossip about Seung Hyun being on a "date" with some girl with some of the other workers. But what she didn't know is that I was not anywhere near thinking about dating him, and never would be.

"So if I guess it correctly, what do I get?" Seung Hyun asked suddenly.

I jerked my head away from where I was glaring at the door. I hadn't even noticed that I was following her every movement.

"The wine?" I guessed, trying to put my attention back to our conversation. "I don't know. Give me an idea, and I'll tell you if it's reasonable."

Seung Hyun bit his bottom lip in thought. "Give me a second. Do you have something that you want if you guess right?"

I began searching the ceiling, as if it would give me the answer I wanted. "How about coffee every Monday and Friday before I head to work in the morning for a month. Sound reasonable?"

He thought about it for a few moments and then slowly nodded his head. "I think that I could pull that off."

"Okay then. Now we've got mine. Do you have something yet?"

"Just a second. I'll tell you when I've got something." He laughed. "Trying to rush me. Genius isn't rushed."

"Oh, well of course." I gamed, laughing along with him.

The door scraped open once more and two men walked in carrying two different bottles. One was a purple, and the other a dark green colour, both were transparent and had gold foil over the cap, and the label. One of the men took two wine glasses out from the grasp of his apron, and set them upright on the table in front of the two of us.

"Which would you like us to open first?" The second man asked.

I turned my gaze towards Seung Hyun, and the two men's eyes followed.

"She'll be having the Domaine de l'A Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux first and I'll have the Seghesio Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley Cortina." He instructed.

The men understood, and they each took a bottle in one hand and the white hand towel in the other. Both of them began to slowly peel off the gold foil from the caps, and at the exact same time, each bottle broke open. The men happened to catch the sudden amount of bubbles and liquid that broke its way out of the bottle in their towels. They had obviously had lots of practice with this.

A few of the bubbles drifted off in Seung Hyun and I's direction. There was an obvious difference between one of the wine's bubbles and the other. One was a really dark purple colour, almost black, and the other, a crimson colour that looked like it could be blood.