The Tale

The pack looked majestic and cunning at the same as they bowed, they looked sincere in doing it. They stood up again and we lead them to the base of our cliff, they followed us down the peak to their 'home.' Pups followed their mothers while playing around their feet.

Fluttershy took a liking to the pups and played with them, they look different from their parents. Instead of dark matter tails, they have a bright moonlight glow on their rear, I guess they change as they grow up.

We finally found a cave where they can sleep and shelter. Twilight was talking to a scholar wolf, he looked less brawny from the rest. Rainbow was racing with a fast-flying she-wolf, they zipped around until Rainbow beat her to a tree.

"You have to teach me those cool tricks!" The wolf awed, Rainbow blushed and they flew after us.

The others were talking with the wolves and liked them already, I was the only one not talking. I was embarrassed and showed them their new staying, most wolves happily laid down for the night. Pups were scolded for staying up and they said good-bye to Fluttershy. I saw Twilight trading scrolls with the scholar and they walked off. The rest said their farewells and we walked to the castle.

They talked all the way and I said nothing. Rarity noticed, nudged them, she pointed a hoof to me and whispered something. I looked away and Fluttershy trotted next to me.

She said shyly. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, thanks, Flutters." I replied with a false smile, that seemed to satisfy her and she flew after Rainbow.

I dropped my head a little as we entered the palace, we had dinner and we went to our rooms. I sat up in bed thinking about the wolves, why haven't any one of them approach me?

Come to think about it, I thought they looked scared when they got close to me. Must be dark, I laid down to rest when there was a knock on my window. Bluenight was standing on the ledge, I got up and opened the window.

"Good afternoon, my lady." He pecked me on my cheek, I smiled and let him in.

I asked him. "What are you doing up so late?"

"I saw you and the wolves on Horseshoe Peak." He said reluctantly.

"So that means you're stalking me?" I smiled devillishy. He smiled and sat on the bed, I sat down next to him.

"I wouldn't say stalking but I would say I was around the neighborhood." He said.

He leaned forward and kissed me. I forgot all about the wolves and kissed back. He opened his eyes and stopped. He shot his head toward the window and looked suspiciously outside.

"We're being watched." He said quietly, I looked and sat up quiety.

He crept next to the pane, I saw a shadow so still that I thought it could be a tree. In fact, it's not a shadow at all, a black panther with green eyes looked ate and I froze. It has leathery bat wings and a scar down its right eye.

My eyes widen, I have never seen a creature so vile looking. Bluenight's horn glowed and he shot at the creature. It roared and crashed through the window at Bluenight, he was pinned down under the panther's massive paws.

"Star, leave now!" Bluenight yelled, I could only stand there watching them wrestling.

Bluenight shot at the panther but missed most shots, it drew out its claws and pounced at him.

The girls burst through the door, obviously awakened by the ruckus. They screamed after the creature. "YYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

Rainbow nose dived and Twilight shot too, everything was a mess of fur and blood. I stood there just still with my eyes staring at the scene, I told my body to move but I didn't move an inch. I saw Pinkie jump at the creature but she knocked back by its claws, she landed on the bedside table moaning in pain.