Flying Again

I haven't flew much after Rainbow's accident. I didn't feel up to it and I could hurt somepony else. Rainbow tried me to do the 'stunt' I did the other day.

"You know you can't be flightless forever." She convinced.

That was a good point, plus I liked to fly.

I replied. "Maybe I'll fly later today, as long as you can keep pegasi out of my range."

"Got it!" She flew off and went to talk to the other pegasi.

I was shaking as I was walking back to the castle. Later Rainbow said the sky was clear of pegasi and I could take off. I took a deep breath and went outside. A crowd actually came to watch me fly, I took off to the nearest cloud, Rainbow and Fluttershy followed and landed by me.

"Remember," Rainbow reminded, "just stay inside the open valley space I made."

Fluttershy said. "Don't worry about the ponies, only be yourself."

I smiled and they flew back to the ground (to be safe). I flapped and floated above Ponyville watching below me. I took a deep breath and flew around as fast as I can.

"Wwwhhhhoooooo!" I screamed. I felt the sensation to spin and spun like a top about to explode.

BANG! I flew like a dart with a golden stream behind me. I flew to a bunch of clouds and tore right through them.

I yelled. "This. Is. AWESOME!"

ZOOM! I felt another urge to spin again and I spun faster than before.

BOOM! BOOM! Whoa, double time! I felt my hair fly back and it streched like a ribbon, now I have a golden and purple stream flowing behind me.

Ponies watched in awe on the ground. I flew down to a lake and skimmed the surface with my wings. I forgotten how much I loved to fly. Rainbow actually flew after me but couldn't catch up.

"Hey, wait for me!" She bellowed.

I slowed down enough for her to catch up. I gave her a smile and she replied with a smile.

We both made shapes in the sky with our color streams. So far, we made a peace sign, star and a heart.

"Cool! Nice heart, Rainbow." I admired.

She landed on a cloud and was watching something. I skidded to a stop and plopped next to her on the cloud.

"Is that who I think it is?" She asked and pointed to the ground below us. Down beneath us were two ponies, Bluenight and Pinkie, they were whispering under a tree and Bluenight smiled. What were they doing?

Pinkie then handed Bluenight a note and he looked at it. He nodded and Pinkie jumped for joy, they both trotted off and waved to each other.

Rainbow's jaw was wide open and a bug flew in, she spit out the bug and coughed. I would have laughed too but this was too shocking. WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?!

I flew angrily back to the castle and knocked down a few pegasi. I landed on the ground hard and made a crater the size of a bush.

Ponies stood out of my way when they saw my face in a scowl. I ran to the castle and slammed the doors behind me, tears were streaming down my face as I walked down to my room. I closed the door silently, locked it and I laid on my bed.

How can he do this to me? I cried hard for an hour. The girls tried to get me out but didn't convince me, Pinkie Pie tried to talk but I banged the door loud enough for her to stop.

"Leave me alone." I spoke sadly, the girls finally got my message and went away. After a full minute of silence I got angry, I threw my pillow at a painting and cried until I fell asleep. I had a dream about Bluenight and Pinkie and it gave me a hard time to sleep.

Next morning I found a tray of oatmeal with cinnamon and some milk. Where did all of this come from? I remember that I had this at the hospital during recovery, the only pony I remember seeing me eat it was—

A filly suddenly popped up at the door and I recognized her quickly, I asked surprized. "Shiftsy! What are you doing here?"

She said happily. "I hopped on the train when you left for Ponyville, I finally got into the castle without the guards seeing me. I remember you liked this and I hoped you liked it."

I invited her into my room and picked up the tray. I put the tray on my bedside table and took a bite.

"Wow!" I said. "This is the best oatmeal I have ever eaten!"

Shiftsty blushed and sat down on the bed, I ate the rest of my breakfast fast. (I didn't have dinner yesterday) While I ate, Shiftsty got a deck of cards and passed them as she usually does. I finished and looked at the cards on the bed.

"So, what are we going to play?" I asked.

"I was thinking Go Fish." She replied, we played until ten o'clock and she beat me in every game.

"Wow, you are very talented at cards!" I awed, she smiled and a wonderous expression spread on her cheeks. Three cards appeared on her behind and we just gasped.

She squealed. "I JUST EARNED MAH CUTIE MARK!!!"

Twilight and her friends broke into my room with protective faces.

"What the hay is going on in here?!" Applejack shouted, Shiftsty ran behind me scared. I ushered her out and the six calmed down.

"Oh, just a filly." Rainbow said relieved.

"Sorry, girls, this is Deck Shifter, Shiftsty for short." I explained, the girls said hi and she got used to them.

They finally got me to get out of the room and spruce up. Rarity actually redid my hair and I wore my neckkace. I hope it won't make me transform again, it still pulsed and glowed but did nothing else.

I didn't talk to Pinkie the whole time that day, her hair seemed to flatten and she got sad. The whole town got irritated because she wasn't cheery anymore.

I didn't see Bluenight either, I was still mad at him for doing this to me. He showed up at the palace but I avoided him everytime. I got depressed and the girls tried me to get me happy but they didn't succeed. My day is usually boring and I don't go outside that much, just because of flying again.

---

Editor's notes: Starshine Moon has no chill. Seriously, no chill. I admit, I wanna laugh seeing a bug landed on Rainbow Dash's mouth. XD

Whoa, the town has no chill as well. Dang, just because Pinkie ain't happy doesn't mean you can't be.

Also, know when to use Show or Tell writing styles. It's easy to wind up using one but switching betwen them in a natural way nakes the story feel smooth.

Suggestions:

• Now that I think about it, when was the last time she took a bath? Also, no semi-messy hair when you wake-up from all that crying? I guess it's possible that she avoided it since she didn't move around that much but girl, your hygiene.

• Security! How did a filly got into her room?! It's either they're lazy or she's smart. Or maybe you'll change it anyways. XD