The News

All I can think was about Bluenight. Last night was the best night, I had the most shocking too. Evolution, evolution, evolution. The word spread like butter on bread to everypony.

Speaking of bread, I'm hungry. I grumbled, got out of my bed and brushed my hair. I heard out trotting out in the hall, I think that was one of the girls. I stepped out of the hall and saw Applejack with a bad hair day, she looked tired and groggy as she walked to the kitchen.

I trotted after her and said. "Morning."

She replied, tired. "Mornin'."

"What are we having for breakfast?"

"Don't know."

We walked to the kitchen and saw Chef making blueberry pancakes.

Mmmmmmmm, I thought.

"Pancakes are almost ready, ma'am." Chef said.

We sat down at the dining room table and saw Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. I guess Rainbow and Twilight aren't up yet.

Chef took the pancakes and served us with syrup, orange juice and milk. Pinkie Pie put frosting and sprinkles on her pancakes. We ate until we were about to explode with deliciousness.

Rainbow walked in and saw the pancakes and exclaimed. "Wow, those look tasty!"

She sat down and ate and ate until she couldn't fly, she asked. "Where's Twilight?"

"We don't know, I thought you knew where she was." I replied.

I got out of the chair and walked into to look for her. Suddenly, she ran in front of me and skidded to a stop.

"You will never believe what happened!" She said excitedly.

"You get the girls in the library and I'll meet you guys there." She ran off to a room and left me there standing dazed.

I got the girls and told them we have to be in the library, so we walked in confused. Spike was in the library checking papers and lists when we came in.

"Oh, hi guys." He said without looking up. "Twilight said to meet by the 'special' books."

We thanked Spike and trotted to the 'special' books section. The book's nook was filled with books that floated by themselves, they zoomed about shen they saw us come in. Some greeted us by opening their pages while a few were shy and went to their shelves quickly.

Fluttershy went to the shy books and spoke. "Don't worry, you have nothing to be afraid of."

The books slowly floated out and flew to Fluttershy and invited her to read them, she said politely. "Oh, why thank you."

Pinkie was bouncing up and down and some books copied her jumping, she squealed. "Hee hee, you books are fun!"

Rarity was surrounded by beautiful covered books, she said admiring their looks. "Aren't you the prettiest books I have ever seen."

The books opened and closed happily at that remark. We watched the books waiting for Twilight. Applejack was looking at farming books and Rainbow Dash was racing with them around the library.

"If you don't stop now, I swear I'm gonna come up and—" Applejack was interrupted by Twilight running into her.

"Oops! Sorry." Twilight apologized.

Everypony (and books) looked Twilight as she got up. She said in a hurry. "Like I said, you're never going to believe what I found out."

Gossip books floated closer as the listened. "As you know, Starshine is not done with evolution. I found out that whenever she masters a certain element, she evolves further!"

Everypony gasped, including me. Everyone turned to me and I got embarrassed.

"You, Starshine, are going to be the Elemental Princess." Twilight added.

Wwwwwoooooowwwww. Period.

Gossip books were flying everywhere, making stories and news. Some were already delivering newspapers.

I ran outside to get some fresh air. I saw some of the ponies who had the newspapers stare at me. I hid my face and ran faster.

I bumped into a merchandise cart and t-shirts were flying everywhere. The seller got a look at me and gawked.

I flew this time and landed on the highest cloud I could find. Everything was spinning in my head. If only Bluenight was here with me!

Fluttershy was calling my name quietly, (as she always does) she saw me sitting on the cloud and flew over.

She said. "You know, it isn't bad to be a special pony. I know you're a princess and the evolving thing is a bit overwhelming, but that shouldn't let you get nervous at every corner."

She then sat next to me and hugged me with a really hard bear hug.

"Ow...can't...breathe...seeing..light..." I said, squashed. The pressure loosened but she didn't stop hugging me.

She stopped all of a sudden and said. "Feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks, Flutters." We both flew down to the castle but ponies were still staring. It made me a little nervous but Fluttershy nudged me and I felt better. This is going to be a long time to get used to.

---

Editor's notes: The special books are alive! :0 ALIIIIIIIVE!!

Excuse me as my mind fangirls because I'm reminded of Red's "Trope Talk: The Chosen One" video. You did okay in executing this trope, honestly. Besides not knowing what happens to Starshine's life and for everyone who knew her.

Also, how does a book deliver newspaper? That's so weird, I'm trying to imagine it but the results are it makes the gossip book's lives harder.

Suggestions:

• Somepony better pay for that merchandise cart because that seller in unamused. No, seriously, pay that thing! The poor merch!!