Chapter 3

Ariel's POV

I got to the barricade and felt arms wrap around my waist as I threw my leg over. I looked up to see Randy staring down at me. He had a look in his eyes that I knew all too well.

My eyes got wide as I realized what would happen if I didn't get away from him right now. I balled up my fist and beat on his arm as hard as I could but it only angered him. His arm tightened around my waist to the point I couldn't breath. I groaned and leaned forward. I bit down on his hand as hard as I could until he snatched his hand back. When he pulled his arm away he dropped me and I could moved me leg ending up back on the side of the barricade that the ring was on. I scooted backwards then stood up. I quickly climbed into the ring and looked back only to see him stalking towards me. If it was possible he would have steaming coming out of his ears right now. I turned around and run to the other side then slid out. I was about to run as fast as I could up the ramp but I stopped mid step when I heard my dad's music. I looked towards the ramp and saw him heading my way.

I glanced at Randy knowing I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I was expecting him to get out of the ring but he ignored him my dad quickly heading our way. He slid into the ring walking towards me. He leaned over the ropes and reached down grabbing me by my hair. I squirmed trying to get away from he but he only tightened his grip. I felt a pain in my head and screamed feeling some of my hair being ripped out of my head. He pulled me up until my legs were on the apron. He turned me around and forcibly grabbed me by the chin making me look at him. I glanced behind him to see my dad with a chair in his hands.

Dad focused on Randy and swung the chair slamming it into Randy's back. The sound seemed to echo through the silent arena. Randy screamed in pain and dropped me. I fell to the floor and landed on my leg. I bit my lip and tried to ignore the pain. I scooted backwards and crawled over to the ramp. I slowly stood up and limped up the ramp.

I looked back to see my dad walking towards me. He picked me up and carried me backstage as his music played. He stayed completely quiet as he carried me.

He carried me to the locker room he shared with my uncle Mark. He knew i hated medics and hospitals so he didn't even bother trying to take me to get checked. He nudged the room open with his foot and walked in. He laid me on the small couch and walked over to the door closing it back. I sat up and rubbed my leg then looked up at him. I knew he was upset that I even went out to Matt's match but he wouldn't say it.

Oh my god Matt!

I quickly stood up, "I gotta go check on Matt!!!" I limped over to the door moving as fast as I could.

He stood in front of me blocking the door,"No Ariel you are staying here until I can get someone to come check on your leg then your going to stay here when I got out for my match."

I looked up at him and quickly shook my head,"No I need to see Matt now."

He looked at me,"I said no you're staying here."

I looked at him and shook my head,"No I'm not I'm going to check on my best friend. I need to make sure he's ok."

We stared each other in the eye. Most people would never go against what he said but he told me to never back down and I refused to.

He sighed after a few minutes,"Fine ill take you."

I smiled and quickly hugged him,"Thank you daddy."

"I swear you've made me soft."
I guess he didn't think I could hear him but so I didn't say anything.

I softly laughed and he picked me up walking out of the locker room. He walked towards the medic room where I knew Matt was.

He walked in the room and started talking to one of the doctors but I wasn't paying attention to them I was trying to see if I could see Matt. I felt like what happened was my fault and after seeing Matt laying there almost lifeless I was worried about him.

Dad started walking then stopped in front of Matt sitting on a bed. He looked like crap but what could you expect after what happened. My dad sat me down on the bed next to Matt. I quickly wrapped my arms around Matt's neck and kissed his cheek.

I buried my face in his neck,"I'm so sorry Matt. This is all my fault. Please tell me your ok."

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close,"I'm fine Ari I promise and this isn't your fault."

I lifted my head and looked at him,"Yes it is but I'm glad your okay."

He sighed and looked at me. I avoided making eye contact and kissed his cheek then started playing with his hair. He seemed to relax and laid his head on my shoulder. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Princess I have a match but I'll let you stay here with Matt only if you let the doctor look at your leg.", my dad pushed my hair out of my face.

I nodded looking up at him,"Okay dad."

He softly smiled and kissed my head,"Good and make sure to ask for something for your head because I know your going to have a headache soon."

I nodded and watched him walk out. Matt looked up at me,"You know my brother is supposed to be back from his injury next week."

I looked at him then went back to playing with his hair,"That's good. You know I've never meet him."

Matt looked at me surprised,"Really?"

I nodded,"Yeah. Remember he has been gone since I debuted."

He thought about it and nodded,"Oh yeah. Well you'll love him. He's just like me."

"Oh no another Hardy. I don't think i can handle that.", I joked with him.

He smiled and sat up. A doctor walked in and checked on Matt then my leg. He said it was only swollen and it should go down after some ice. He gave me some medicine for my head and left.

Matt got off the bed then helped me down. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and smiled. He helped me to the 'divas' locker room. I grabbed my bag then we headed to his room he shared with Rob. He changed and grabbed his things.

We walked to his car since I rode with him and headed back to the hotel. I leaned against the door and felt myself slowly fall asleep.