88- The Cabin Album/Cricket And Clover

All pictures were taken in or at the cabin
_______________________________________

After Panic! At The Disco relased their first ever album, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, and lost their very first band member, Brent Wilson, and got a replacment, in the year of 2007 they went to a cabin in the mountains of Nevada to make new music and to hang out.

During that time, between A Fever You Can't Sweat Out and Pretty

During that time, between A Fever You Can't Sweat Out and Pretty. Odd., what was supposed to become their secound album just became a scrapped album, that was called Cricket And Clover.

Cricket And Clover is more none as The Cabin Album that was never relased. It was about two people in love and their name were Cricket and Clover. The only song that was from that album and was relased, but had changes in the song, was Nearly Witches [Ever Since We Met...] that is on their third album Vices & Virtues.

And there's another song that was never relased but the band did play live once on July 7th, 2007:

True Love, what the song is called, is a very rare song that they played live because it was unreleased. No matter how much they played the song live, they never relased it. There is no demo of the song anywhere, the only vidoes of the song is just from live shows.

So you might be like "well, what happened to this album? Why was it scrapped off??" Well, Ryan Ross lost the computer, that had all the demos and his notebook that had the lyrics.

There was a total of six songs, supposely, that are none to be a cabin song but two songs only had name which was True Love and Nearly Witches.

During their time there they got a bit crazy after staying away from the city, I mean, Ryan even went as far as crazy to burn and smash a gutair:

As you see they went a bit too crazy and never really got the job done for a new record. Ryan once said this about The Cabin Album:

"No, it's not about sex! It's love. It's two people connecting. With four other people. And aliens."

Cricket And Clover's whole concept was to be that the album was a whole stroy(a love stroy), they would finish one song and that one song was a part of the stroy, then the next song would be a different chapter of that story (kinda like When The D...

Cricket And Clover's whole concept was to be that the album was a whole stroy(a love stroy), they would finish one song and that one song was a part of the stroy, then the next song would be a different chapter of that story (kinda like When The Day Met The Night) Spencer also had his drum kit made out of egg creates, glass, and other items and had very strange instruments that they played for the album. But like I said that didn't work out so they scrapped the whole songs and album to make new songs which those songs became to be their 2nd relased album.

(Supposely one of Ryan Ross's lryics of a song)

But here's the catch: the album still exists. During a live periscope, a fan asked Brendon Urie about Cricket And Clover in 2015 and this is his response:

He said, like you heard, that it's somewhere in a hard drive...meaning that the album is still somewhere out there. Some even think that Ryan Ross actually purposely lost it or that he still has the hard drive but there is no proof that that's actually the case or not.

But hey, look at the brightside: even though there's an album out there that's forever lost by your favorite band and might had Ryan Ross singing in it and you will proably never hear it, at least you got Pretty.Odd.. I'm pretty. Sure. That they wouldn't had worked on P.O. if they didn't abandon CAC.