65 - Myrtle Beach

Sun, Jun 25 2006

Sun, Jun 25 2006

The moon bred New Atlantic life tonight. The salt burned you right out of my eye's. And secrets we're not proud of were taken with the tide. We were all newborns with blurred vision and no sense of direction.
Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath.
This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with the jellyfish. I may never get this chance again.
This is why if you want to kiss you should kiss.
If you want to cry you should cry, and if you want to live you should live.
You don't have to love me. You already did. At least enough to keep me smiling from South Carolina to Virginia.
It's for lovers (orjustfriends)
This is why I do it.

- Ryan Ross LiveJournal, Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oh boy, Myrtle Beach here we go.

On June 25, 2006 like it said, Ryan posted the poem on his livejournal, it was also his last one.

But on June 24, 2006 this happened:

Greta, one of their friend's, said that after the show from The House Of Blues, most of the bands (and crew) that played walked over a mile to a beach (Myrtle of course) They never bought swimsuits so they swam with their underwear or completely naked at Myrtle Beach late at night which is illegal. Greta said that that night was Pretty.Crazy.

Then the next day Ryan posted the (very beautiful) poem on his livejournal.

"(orjustfriends)" this friend could just be a friend [or Brendon] or maybe he's just saying that you can be with your lover or just a friend.

So maybe maybe not, Ryan and Brendon went skinny dipping as lovers (orjustfriends). Or maybe Ryan wrote the poem saying how it was for him that night.

^ Played at Myrtle Beach