Chapter Fifteen

I know it's been a while but I got there!!

Been pretty busy but thanks for reading! 

Comments welcome :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam and his father pulled into the driveway and parked in the garage.

 “What do you think?”   George asked.

Adam turned to his father.  “About what?”

 “Anything that comes to mind.”

 “I love the truck.  She is just, gorgeous.”

George laughed.  “That’s good.  I’m pleased, very pleased.”

 “I still can’t believe you got it for me.”

 “It was your eighteenth birthday.  Oliver got a car, so do you.”

Adam grinned at his Dad, reached out and rubbed the dash.

 “And the doctor?  How do you feel about that?”

 “Three weeks physio then I can drive.  I’m   with that.”

George nodded thoughtfully.  He unclicked his seat belt and opened the driver’s door.  “I’ll see you later.”  He grinned and got out of the truck.  “Unless there’s anything else on your mind?”  He asked through the open door.

 “I’m good thanks Dad.”  Adam took off his own seat belt.

George nodded again.  “Good to hear.”  He tossed Adam the keys and shut the door.

Adam watched his father walk around the truck and toward the house.  He found he couldn’t remove the grin from his face as he sat in his truck.  He admired the interior again and continued to grin.

Adam closed the back door and found his parents standing in the kitchen.

 “We thought you were going to stay out there all night.”  Millie said with a grin.

 “Not quite.”  Adam replied.

 “How did it go at the doctor?”

Adam shrugged with his good shoulder.  “Like you said. I can leave the sling off now and start stretching it.  I’m not allowed to sleep with it on.  No more of the pills that make me stupid.”

Millie laughed.  “I promise.  No more stupid pills.”

George and Adam laughed.

 “Why are you laughing at me?”  Millie asked, hurt crossing her face.

 “Stupid pills.”  Adam replied and moved past his parents towards the stairs.  “I’m going to have a lie down.”

His parents watched him walk away and they both sighed happily.  Their son had returned.

Adam went up to his room and sat on the end of his bed.  He stripped the Velcro off his sling and freed his arm.  He had spent most of his healing time drugged out of his brain.  His physiotherapy was going to be intense.  He had to put the condition he had lost back on.  He wasn’t looking forward to the hard work but was looking forward to the time he would get to spend with the sexy woman that would be overseeing his care.

Adam stretched his arm out straight.  It felt stiff and cramped.  He tossed the sling onto the floor and shuffled himself backwards to his pillows.  He lay down and slowly let his arm relax beside him.  He closed his eyes and sighed heavily.  He thought he could see Cathi in his mind but the harder he tried to focus the more she faded away.  He sighed again and let sleep take him.