Bonus Chapter 1

Eight years old
Introducing young Bailee Madison as young Greer

Eight years oldIntroducing young Bailee Madison as young Greer

I run through zombietown, giggling as I run away from Eliza. Bonzo decided it would be fun to play tag, and Eliza is currently it. I turn my head to glance behind me, squealing when I realize how close she is to me. Since I'm not looking, I run into something. To be more specific, someone. We tumble to the ground, my knee scraping as I fall. The boy underneath me groans, rubbing the back of his head.

I push myself up, not caring about the dirt covering my clothes. "Sorry." I tell him, extending a hand to help him up. He takes it, wincing as he stands to his feet. "I'm pretty clumsy, and I wasn't watching where I was going."

The boy smiles. "It's okay. My little sister is like that. But she's two, so it's different." I chuckle. "I'm Zed." He sticks his hand out.

"Greer." I take his hand. "Nice to meet you." Bonzo and Eliza join us, Eliza glaring at the new boy.

"You two met!" Bonzo cheers. "I've been wanting you guys to meet for forever! I'm so glad you did!" I smile at his happiness. No matter what, Bonzo always finds something to be positive about. Bonzo tells us how he and Zed met at the rundown football field a few blocks away. "He was awesome! I wish I was as good at football as you are, Zed." Zed turns green, a sheepish smile on his lips.

"My dad taught me." Zed admits, rubbing his hands together. "There's not much else I know how to do."

"I'm sure that's not true." I tell him. "Come on," I grab his hand, "I'll teach you how to hop scotch."