Take a Chance On Me, Darling

"I can't believe it's been a week and we haven't heard from A", Emily said looking out the window in Spencers hospital room. It was friday afternoon and they were all gathered to hang out until visiting hours were over. 

"Can't say I miss her", Aria replied and yawned, "I have enough to worry about with studying for the finals." 

"What makes you so sure A's a she, Emily?" Spencer asked after she had bravely downed her medicine and grimaced from the taste of it. 

"I don't know", Emily turned around and looked at her, "I guess it's because of the way she acts. A boy wouldn't try to blackmail you anonymously if he wanted to take revenge on you for something."

Spencer nodded, "Makes sense." 

"Please",  Alisha rolled her eyes, "can we talk about something else?" She sat on a chair next to Spencer's bed and had her legs stretched out with her feet lying on the mattress. "Whoever it was probably realised how stupid they were for playing with us and it's over now." 

"Don't you wanna know who it was?" Hanna asked. 

Alisha shrugged, "Sure, I mean this person possibly has my sex tape." 

Emily, Hanna, Aria and Spencer stared at her for a second before she started laughing. "Come on, I couldn't care less. I really just want this over with." 

"Dummy", Spencer grabbed one of her pillows and threw it at Alisha, "it's not funny at all, actually." 

"Spencer's right", Aria said and sat down at the end of the bed, "someone out there has pretty heavy material to harm Detective Wilden anytime they want." 

"So?" Alisha was slowly getting annoyed by the topic Wilden. Throughout the week the girls had asked her several times if she'd heard from him or had contacted him herself. Obviously she hadn't and wasn't going to. "He knows about the photo, that's the least I could do. He's a grown up man who's in charge of all his actions. He should've known better from the beginning, it's not my fault he's corrupt." 

"This girl, everybody", Spencer pointed at Alisha, "is gonna go far in life. At a minimum of 100 mph." 

Hanna looked confused, "That didn't end well the last time she did that." 

Emily smiled, "What Spencer means is, that Alisha is a tough badass and with her by our side we can never lose." 

Hanna nodded slowly, still slightly confused. "So, are we watching those movies I dragged here with me now or not?" 

***

The movie they were watching was almost over. Hanna, Spencer and Aria already passed out in their seats and Emily had gone outside to talk to her mom and dad on the phone, like she did every night. Alisha herself struggled to keep her eyes open but was roughly woken up by her phone vibrating in her hands unexpectedly. She blinked against the brightness of her screen and opened the incoming text. 

Enjoy the calm while you can. The storm is waiting just around the corner. I'm not done with you yet. xoxo A. 

Alisha read through the text several times. The number wasn't blocked but didn't seem familiar to her. Should she call back? A must want her to answer, otherwise she would've blocked the number. She was just about to type an answer when the door opened and Emily entered the room. 

"Are you okay?" she asked startled when she saw the expression on Alisha's face. 

Alisha cleared her throat and sat up straight, "Yes, everything's fine. I just have to go." She rose from the chair, grabbed her bag and her jacket and tiptoed to the door. She turned to Emily again and whispered, "Tell the others I had to leave early, my mom needs me home. Good night."