Chapter Twelve: Its Only A Good Life When You're Here

*no ones POV*

(Three months later)

Adam and Sauli hadn't fought since the Brooke incident.

They had got over it and moved on. It was something that they didn't want to talk about after that. Now, they were happily walking around the halls together, fingers intertwined, and smiling.

In between those three months a lot had happened, Sauli's mom had come to like Adam, Adams dad had /TRIED/ to quit drinking. The hardest part though in those three months was telling Sauli the ugly truth about his life.

It had been difficult, but he knew he couldn't hide it forever. He knew that the longer he waited, the harder it would be to tell him.

-flashback-

They were watching a sad movie at Sauli's when it happened. Adam was upset and thinking about telling Sauli the whole time.

Finally, he snapped and told him. He suspected Sauli to hate him and call him a freak.

But he had thought wrong...

Sauli had started to hold him as Adam cried out his story. They sat there for what felt like forever. When Adam had stopped crying the movie was over and the credits were rolling. They just held each other until Sauli's mom said it was time for him to go.

When he walked home he had felt better, like he wasn't trash. It was..enlightening...?

But when he got home, his dad was waiting for him.

With a gift...

'What. The. Hell.?' Adam thought

He had opened it and it was a new trench coat with nail polish and hair dye...

All the things he had wanted for his birthday but never got...

His father was finally getting his shit together.

"Adam, I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I have a job now and you can quit work, you can keep going if you want to make your own money but I've quit my addiction to be a better father. A better influence."

Adam didn't know what to say so he awkwardly hugged him.

Things had never been better since then.

-end of flashback-

Now, he was truly happy. He could be what he wanted. He was still bullied but he never cared. His life was being put back into place one by one.

All thanks to Sauli.

It was all because of him that Adam was happy. He couldn't be happier.

Graduation was soon and they could be happy together with a supportive father.

A happy gay couple against the rest of the world.

Adam no longer wanted to be Sherlock Holmes, the worlds only consulting detective and high functioning sociopath. He was happy the way he was.

They rounded the corner to class, and slipped into their seats. Adam turned to Sauli one last time before class started and smiled his beautiful smile.

As the teacher began talking, Adam was already bored so he drew pictures of him and Sauli together an passed them to him.

-skipping to the end of the day-

Adam had already told his dad he was going over to Sauli's after work so he didn't worry. He kept his job because it wasn't so bad having a little extra cash.

As Adam skipped to Sauli's from work he sang a song. He had sung a song he wrote a while ago. He had titled it Outlaws Of Love.

After Adam and Sauli had hungout Adam did the regular walk home and went straight to bed.

As he drifted off to sleep the last thing he thought was:

'Life is good.'